Hello- My 5 year old pug was diagnosed with diabetes 2 weeks ago, he is on 6units of humulin 2x...

a day, he was put on purina dco dog food, I am in the process of transitioning him to evo reduced fat dry dog food and evo canned. This is only the 2nd day so his is getting 3/4 cup purina dco and 1/4 cup evo with 2 tsps of canned 2x per day. I am not sure if I am giving him too much although he still acts hungry. I don't want him to gain any weight as he is 25 lbs now. Do diabetic dogs need more food or less food per day, can't seem to find out any info on this. I just want to do what is right for him.

Jule Romans profile image88

Jule Romans says

FitnessDog profile image77

FitnessDog says