Seeker7 profile image 94

Hi, I have a 2 year old Border Collie, Roy. He is a rescue dog - won't go into details but his...

abuse at the hands of a farmer was horrific. Anyway, he did receive sheepdog training for about 3 months. My main concern is that he is so intense on sheep whenever we pass them and would go in if he was not on the leash. He broke leash once with my elderly Dad and started to chase and we are so worried that if this happens again, Roy would be at risk of getting shot by the farmer. Is there any training/conditioning techniques that we could use to try and re-focus Roy away from the sheep? I know this is a very tall order as he is bred for this. But any help would be warmly welcomed.

Rogue Wave says

Seeker7 profile image94

Helen Murphy Howell (Seeker7) says