Cats VS Dogs
Which One Is The Best Pet?
CATS VS DOGS
One of my instructors put it the best when she said, "Your dog is your best friend, and your cat is your roommate." So I guess, depending on what your personality type is, that's going to determine which animal you think is best.
This is a debate that has gone on ever since we first domesticated animals for pets. Cat People will tell you that cats are better pets, and Dog People will tell you that dogs make better pets. Which one do you like? Let's use this lens to debate the issue among ourselves.
Benefits And Downsides Of Cats
So, here's a few of the benefits of owning a cat:
1. You don't have to walk them.
2. They don't need your attention all the time.
3. They'll get rid of a host of things you don't want in your house.
Now the downsides:
1. The Cat Box. You absolutely have to keep this clean! If you don't your cat won't use it.
2. Cats pick people, not the other way around.
3. If you don't declaw them, your furniture, carpet, and skin are going to suffer.
Benefits And Downsides To Dogs
Here are some of the benefits for owning a dog:
1. You can teach them tricks. (Cats can learn tricks too, it just takes a LOT longer.)
2. Exercise. When you exercise your dog, you get exercise too.
3. Dogs want to be around you most of the time.
Now, some of the downsides:
1. Housebreaking. This is a biggie. The only way to avoid this, is to get a full grown dog.
2. Exercising them in bad weather. Dogs need to be exercised, and the weather isn't always the greatest for that.
3. Dogs can chew up just about anything in your house in no time flat.
Which One Do You Prefer?
I can't decide, because I own both. Before I met my husband, though, I always had cats.
Which one is the better pet?
Thanks for your visit today! I hope you participated in the debate. You can leave your thoughts here if you like.