Automatic Tennis Ball Launchers for Dogs
"You mean I don't have to throw tennis balls for hours on end anymore?"
Yes, I know, it sounds too good to be true: An automatic fetch machine that throws tennis balls to your dog whenever he or she is ready for a game of fetch. No more tennis elbow and no more of having to call it quits when your dog is still ready to fetch, fetch, fetch! Currently, there are two automatic fetch machines on the market: Fetchtastic and GoDogGo. Of course, there's also a bunch of other elaborate homemade fetch machines that creative dog owners have built, but we'll focus on the ones that are actual available for purchase.
The basic idea of both Fetchtastic and GoDogGo is to keep throwing tennis balls to a fetch happy dog. There are two ways of using these machines: 1) To fill the machine up with tennis balls, and then once the machine has launched all the balls, you fill the machine back up. This is not the best way to use these machines, as the energy you save by not throwing tennis balls is now used by you having to pick up all those balls and put them back in the machine! The best way to use these machines is the second way: 2) Teach your dog to put a tennis ball back into the machine. This way only one tennis ball machine is required and the dog controls how often balls are launched by the time it takes him to put the back into the machine.
While these tennis ball launchers are similar, there are many differences between Fetchtastic and GoDogGo.
Fetchtastic Automatic Fetch Machine for Dogs
There is no doubt that the Fetchtastic is a high-quality machine built with superior construction and design. In fact, it's made in the U.S.A. by the same manufacturer of the Wilson high-end tennis ball machines. The Fetchtastic is available in two models AC or battery powered. Fetchtastic retails for $149.99. Here are some of the features and highlights of the Fetchtastic dog ball launcher:
* Can use both small or regular tennis balls - which is a big plus for families with different-sized dogs! Holds 15 regular-sized tennis balls or approximately 25 small tennis balls.
* Extra lightweight and compact - weighs 6.2 ounces and measures 9" x 9" x 14".
* Adjustable launch distance from 12 - 35+ feet depending on the type of ball used (tennis balls: 25'+, racquet balls: 30'+, small tennis balls / rubber balls: 35'+)
* Launches balls every 7 seconds or until the dog places ball back into machine.
* Built in carrying handle
* Made in the U.S.A.
* Includes 2-year manufacturer's warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee
Video of Fetchtastic in action!
Here's a spunky little dog named Poncho playing with the Fetchtastic automatic fetch machine for dogs. He learned how to put the ball back in the bucket after only one day of playing with it!
GoDogGo Automatic Ball Launcher
GoDogGo is an automatic fetch machine that has recently had some revisions. The new model is called GoDogGo G3 and it is made in China. GoDogGo retails for $124.99. Here are some features and highlights of the GoDogGoGo G3 ball launcher for dogs:
* Can use various size balls.
* Weighs 11 pounds.
* Adjustable launch from 7 - 45+ feet depending on the type of ball used.
* Balls launch every 7 or 15 seconds.
* Limited 6 month warranty.
* Runs on both batteries and AC power
* Includes remote control (must be within 75 feet of machine)
GoDogGo in Action!
Here's a clever pooch playing with GoDogGo tennis ball thrower for dogs. He learned how to put the balls back in the machine too!
Which model is best for my dog?
While both automatic fetch machines will throw tennis balls again and again for your dog to fetch, there are important differences that should be considered. What most dog owners are looking for is a high quality fetch machine that will last for years to come. And since automatic fetch machines are not exactly an inexpensive purchase, this is definitely an important consideration. A good, solid warranty and money- guarantee can help to ease worries that the tennis ball launcher is of good quality and not prone to a high defective rate.
The Chuck It Dog Ball Launcher - It may not be automatic but it sure throws balls a looooong way!
The Chuck It tennis ball launcher for dogs is one of the most popular dog fetch toys ever made. The ChuckIt brand name is known worldwide for its ability to throw tennis balls far in the distance with little effort. That, plus the fact that you don't have to pick up slobbery tennis balls by hand make the Chuck It ball launcher a must-have item for any dog owner. It's small and lightweight so it's easy to take with you to the dog park, beach or on a camping trip. It really is one of the best ways to tire out an overly-energetic dog!
More fetch toys for dogs
These dog toys may not throw the ball for you but you can bet they're fun for you to use. And, you'll be amazed at how far you can throw balls with these power launchers! A great way for you and your pooch to have fun together.
- Hyper 4-ball tennis ball launcher dog toy - Throws balls over 220 feet for dogs to fetch. The best dog toy for active dogs. Dogs love fetching tennis balls thrown from the hyper tennis ball launcher. It's one of the most fun dog toys!
- The Tennis Dog tennis ball launcher for dogs - a favorite amongst dogs and their owners. Why? Because it's fun for both to play with this exciting dog toy. The Tennis Dog ball launcher throws tennis balls 75 feet in the distance for dogs to fetch.
Great Dog Balls to Use with Fetch Toys
- Kong ball - about the same size as a tennis ball and works perfectly in tennis ball launchers. The Kong ball is made in the U.S.A. from natural rubber and makes for a tough chew toy as well. A favorite amongst dog owners.
- Hyper yellow tennis balls - Dogs just can't seem to get enough of these bright yellow tennis balls by Hyper Pet Products. They're great for dogs to fetch and chew and play with. Good thing they're extra tough and durable and specially made for dogs.