Cat Trivia Quiz Questions And Answers
Of course there's a cat trivia quiz, everyone loves cats, there's even a Broadway musical about them. Okay, almost everyone loves our feline companions, ailurophobics, do not. But I do, in fact, I've been called A Crazy Cat Lady and I wear that badge with pride. Now, get to reading and answering these questions and have a purr-fectly fun time. (I couldn't resist the purr-fect thing!)
My cat's name is Lovey and I found him in a parking lot where I work. He was begging people to pet him and when I saw him, I brought him home. He is a sweet, beautiful, affectionate guy. I wasn't looking to fall in love, but I did!
Cat Trivia Quiz Questions 1 - 10
- What is a clowder?
- How many bones does a cat have?
- What color are a Russian Blue's eyes?
- What is a Munchkin?
- What did ancient Egyptians shave off to honor their cats?
- What do cats use their tails for?
- Cats walk like two other animals. What animals are they?
- Can cats swim?
- How many toes does an average kitty have?
- Do cats like to spend more time up at night or during the day?
Cat Trivia Quiz Answers 1 - 10
- A group of cats is called a clowder.
- A cat has 230 bones.
- A Russian Blue has green eyes.
- A Munchkin is a cat with short legs.
- Ancient Egyptians shaved their eyebrows off to honor their cats.
- Cats use their tails for balance.
- Cats walk with their right foot first, like camels and giraffes.
- Some cats can swim.
- Most domestic felines have 18 toes.
- Cats are crepuscular and that means they are most active at dawn and dusk.
Cat Trivia Quiz Questions 11 - 20
- How much time do domesticated felines spend grooming each day?
- How old is a female cat before she can become pregnant?
- Can neutering or spaying a cat prolong their life?
- How does a cat kiss?
- When cats rub their faces on you, what are they doing?
- What does it mean when your kitty "kneads"?
- Is your kitten happy or angry when he/she wags his tail?
- Has there ever been a green cat?
- Which U.S. President had 4 cats living in the White House?
- What political office did Stubbs hold?
Cat Trivia Quiz Answers 11- 20
- Cats can spend 1/3 of their waking hours grooming themselves.
- A female need only be 4 months old before she can become pregnant.
- Yes, spaying or neutering can prolong your furry friends life.
- A cat kiss is a slow blink from your furry friend.
- When your kitty rubs his or her face up against you it is rubbing scent glands against you and marking you as their territory.
- When a felis catus kneads it means they are content and happy.
- When a feline wags it's tail, it is a sign of anger.
- Yes, a green cat was born in the country of Denmark in 1995. It might have been because of copper in the water pipes.
- Abraham Lincoln had 4 pet cats in the White House. Who knew he was a Crazy Cat Guy?
- A Feline named Stubbs was elected mayor in Talkeetna, Alabama. I am sure he couldn't do a worse job than many other politicians we know.
Cat Trivia Questions 21 - 30
- What is a group of kittens called?
- What are cat breeders called?
- Can your kitty be toilet trained?
- Do cats dream?
- What's the name of the cat that was left 13,000,000.00 in his owners will?
- Who received more mail? Socks the White House cat or President Bill Clinton?
- What wild animal do domestic cats share 95.6 percent of their genome with?
- What is a gib?
- About how many feral cats live at Disneyland?
- About how many pet cats live in the U.S.?
Cat Trivia Answers 21 - 30
- A group of kittens is called a "kindle".
- People who breed cats are called "catteries".
- Yes, your furry feline friend can be toilet trained.
- Yes, our kitties do dream.
- Tomasso was left her owner's fortune in 2011.
- Socks received more mail than President Clinton.
- Domestic cats share 95.6 of their genome with Tigers.
- A gib is an unaltered adult male cat.
- About 200 feral cats live in Disneyland.
- There are over 88 million pet cats in the United States.
Cat Trivia Quiz Questions 31 - 40
- Name three foods that cats should not eat.
- How many feral cats (about how many) are there in the U.S.?
- White cats with blue eyes are most likely to be ... what?
- What is a Hemingway Cat?
- There are 4 names for groups of cats. Name one or more of them.
- Do cats only have whiskers on their faces?
- Do cats have rough or smooth tongues?
- Is each cat's nose unique, similar to a person's fingerprints?
- If kittens are born in the same litter, does it mean they have the same father?
- What year was the first known cat video recorded?
Cat Trivia Quiz Answers 31 - 40
- Cats should not eat grapes, raisins, onions, garlic, chives, or leeks.
- There are over 700 million ferals in the United States.
- White felines with blue eyes are likely to be deaf.
- A Hemingway cat is a cat with extra toes on it's foot.
- A group of cats is called a "clowder", "clutter", "glaring", and "pounce".
- No, they also have whiskers on the backs of their front legs.
- Felines have rough tongues.
- Yes, each cat's nose is unique.
- No, kittens born in the same litter can have different fathers.
- The first cat video was recorded in the year 1894.
Cat Trivia Quiz Questions 41 - 50
- What is the most popular animal pet in the United States?
- What is autogrooming?
- Who is Bastet?
- What is an Anurous?
- What kind of cat is a Weegie?
- What are toe beans?
- What are cats doing when they are bunting?
- What are haws?
- What is distinctive about a cat with heterochromia?
- What is a feral cat?
Cat Trivia Quiz Answers 41 - 50
- Cats are the most popular pets in the United States.
- Autogrooming is when a cat grooms itself.
- Bastet was a sacred cat goddess to the Egyptians.
- An Anurous is tailless cat.
- The Norwegian Forest cat is known as a Weegie.
- Toe beans are the soft pads found on a cat's foot.
- When cats are bunting, they are head-butting.
- Haws are a cats third eyelid.
- A cat with heterochromia has different colored eyes.
- A feral is a domestic cat born and living in the wild.
Cat Trivia Quiz Questions 51 - 60
Let's see how much you know about the different feline breeds there are out there.
- What breed is also called an archangel cat?
- The Donskoy cat is a hairless cat. What country does it originate from?
- What country is the Foldex cat from?
- What country is the Khao Manee from?
- Where did the Nebelung originate?
- The Savannah is a hybrid cat breed. It's a cross between a serval and a domestic cat. Where did this hybrid originate?
- The Sokoke is a domestic cat from what country?
- In what country did the Toninese breed come from?
- The hairless Sphynx cat comes from what country?
- There's a breed of cat called the Minskin that is a cross between a Munchkin and a Sphynx. Where was this cat bred?
Cat Trivia Answers 51-60
- The Russian Blue is called an Archangel.
- The Donskoy is from Russia.
- The Foldex is from Canada. It is a cross between a Scottish Fold and an Exotic Shorthair.
- The country the Khao Manee comes from is Thailand.
- The name Nebelung sounds German, but this breed of feline originated in the United States.
- The Savannah cross also originated in the United States.
- The Sokoke, also known as the Sokoke Forest cat is from Kenya.
- The Tonkinese, a cross between a Burmese and Siamese breeds is from Canada.
- The hairless breed called the Sphynx comes from Canada.
- The Minskin comes from the United States.
Cats The Musical
Cat Trivia Quiz Questions 61 - 70
- The musical play Cats, composed by Andrew Lloyd Weber, was based on what book?
- What is the most famous song from the musical, Cats?
- Name one of the lead character cats from the musical.
- Who was the wise, older, beloved leader of the Jellicle tribe?
- Who partnered with Mungojerrie in a burglary ring?
- Who was a former "glamour cat"?
- Which cat was considered the red queen?
- Which cat was also known as the Old Gumbie Cat?
- Which cat was known as a notorious criminal known as the "Napoleon of Crime"?
- What is there none of in Cats?
Cat Trivia Quiz Answers 61 - 70
- The Broadway musical, Cats, was based on the 1939 book of poetry, written by T.S. Elliot. The book was named, "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats".
- The most famous song from the musical, Cats, is Memory.
- Some of the lead characters of the play are: Grizabella, Bustopher Jones, Munkustrap, Bombalurina, Asparagus, Jellylorum, and Demeter.
- Old Deuteronomy
- Rumpleteazer partnered with Mungojerrie.
- Grizabella was an old glamour cat.
- The red queen was Bombalurina.
- The Old Gumbie Cat was Jennyanydots.
- Macavity was known as the "Napoleon of Crime".
- There is no dialogue between the songs in Cats.