- Pets and Animals
Dog quotes and sayings from the famous and not so famous!
Wonderful and wise quotes and sayings about dogs!
Through the years some wonderfully wise humans have said some great things about us pups.
Things that are memorable, funny, nostalgic, inspirational and thought provoking.
We wanted to bring you some of the best quotes about pups that we've found.
Because as one famous, but unknown individual once said...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
- "If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two." --Phil Pastoret
- "Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant." -- Unknown
- "Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx
- "Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies." -- Gene Hill
- "If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise." -- Unknown
- "Ever consider what they must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul - chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth! "-- Anne Tyler
- "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." -- Ben Williams
"My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet."
- Edith Wharton
- "The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues." --Unknown
- "Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." --Josh Billings
- "Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." --Ann Landers
- "In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him." -- "Dereke Bruce, Taipei, Taiwan
- Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail. --Unknown
- No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." -- Christopher Morley
- "A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
- "Man is a dog's idea of what God should be." -- Holbrook Jackson
- "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -- Mark Twain
Great dogs quotes you can take with you anywhere.
A quote for every single day of the year! All dogs, all the time.
Quips, quotes and more, all about your best friend.
Great quotes, free for Amazon Prime members.
You can always count on dogs to know!
A compendium of wit and wisdom from dog lovers throughout history.
And man created dog...
More great quotes!
- "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -- Will Rogers
- "The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."-- Andy Rooney
- "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." -- M. Acklam
- "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" -- Dave Barry
- "My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am." -- Unknown
- Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate. --Sigmund Freud
- "If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes." --Anonymous
- "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -- Edward Hoagland "Dogs and the Tug of Life"
- "There never yet has been a dog
Who learned to double cross,
Nor catered to you when you won
Then dropped you when you lost."
-- Mary Hale
- "You want a friend in Washington? Get a dog."-- Harry S Truman
"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
Even more great quotes!
- "A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won't be too bad." - Robert Wagner
- "Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell.: - Emily Dickinson
- "The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be" - Konrad Lorenz
- "People teach their dogs to sit; it's a trick. I've been sitting my whole life, and a dog has never looked at me as though he thought I was tricky." - Mitch Hedberg
- "We've begun to long for the pitter-patter of little feet - so we bought a dog. Well, it's cheaper, and you get more feet." - Rita Rudner
- "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France
- "Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to." Joe Gores
- "Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends." - Alexander Pope
- "When the Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' And the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.'" - Rudyard Kipling
- "A dog is not almost-human, and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes
- "If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." - Woodrow Wilson
- "You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" Dave Barry
- "If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either." - Unknown
Cool Stuff for Cool Dogs!
JohannTheDog.com - where you can shop for cool stuff for cool dogs.
JohannTheDog.com has put together, in one place, all the cool stuff you need for your dog.
Find dog beds, all natural foods and treats, collars, leashes, charms, training and agility gear, vitamins and supplements, books, clothing, toys, crates, dog seat belts, t-shirts and other cool stuff for two and four-leggers!
And the best part is they donate 10% of their profits to dog shelters and rescues!
Books by and about famous dog quoters!
"The dog is the god of frolic." - Henry Ward Beecher
- "Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of ther universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made." - Roger Caras
- "I used to look at [my dog] Smokey and think, 'If you were a little smarter you could tell me what you were thinking,' and he'd look at me like he was saying, 'If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to.'" - Fred Jung claus
- "No man can be condemned for owning a dog. As long as he has a dog, he has a friend; and the poorer he gets, the better friend he has." - Will Rogers
- "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
- "You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." - Robert Louis Stevenson