Teach your dog to skateboard!
Skateboarding is fun!
In early 2010, I was doing a photo shoot for this pawsome new Rescue Dogs photo book. While at the shoot, Mum found a skateboard and decided that we'd have some fun!
I've always wanted to learn how to skateboard...and Mum was ready to teach me. So we got busy!
Read on to learn more about how to teach your dog to skateboard. And get out there and have some fun!
It's Extreme Pete - the master skateboarder!
Remember to always have fun when training your dog!
How my Mum taught me to love the skateboard!
Here are some tips that we used to get me having fun on the skateboard!
1. Mum got the skateboard and let me sniff it and get used to it, she even put a few treats on it for me to gobble up!
2. Next Mum started rolling the skateboard gently so I could see that it moves, then she clicked and treated. We suggest you start on a carpeted floor in the beginning so the board doesn't move too much.
3. Then Mum just let me explore the board. Each time I put my paws on it, she clicked and treated.
4. Before you know it I was standing on it.
5. Then Mum started concentrating on clicking and treating when I had just my right (or left) two legs on the board and the other two legs on the ground.
6. Pretty soon, I was starting to use those two paws on the ground to move the board, that's when Mum gave me a big 'jackpot' treat! (A 'jackpot' is when I do something really well, she gives me a click, a real good boy, and I get lots and lots of treats!)
7. After just a little while, I was really getting the hang of moving around on the board. And really having fun with it!
8. Then we moved to a harder surface and voila! I am a skateboarding dog!
You can too, just give it a try!
Cool stuff for cool dogs!
Be sure and visit my website - JohannTheDog.com - where you can shop for cool stuff for cool dogs!
We've put together, in one place, all the cool stuff you need for your dog!
Find dog beds, all natural foods and treats, collars, leashes, charms, training and agility gear, vitamins and supplements, books, clothing, toys, crates, dog seat belts, t-shirts and other cool stuff for two and four-leggers!
And the best part is we donate 10% of our profits to dog shelters and rescues!
More great dog skateboarding sites!
- Visit Tillman!
Tillman is dope! One of the most famous skateboarding dog on the planet!
All skateboard, all dogs, all the time!
- How to teach your dog to skateboard!
Great little tutorial...
- Mojo's homemade skateboard!
Check out MoJo's cool ride!
- From Dancing to Ollies: Unconventional Dog Sports
All about surfing and skateboard!