jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Arkansas die- off of birds - Do you think this this is from New Years fireworks

1. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Arkansas die- off of birds - Do you think this this is from New Years fireworks - or bad omen?

First I thought the flock of birds that died were from fireworks, (Happens every year during New Year's Eve and Fourth of July) .... But now unsure ....Massive die-offs on the East coast ...Do you think that the Arkansas flock of birds deaths sparked a flurry of reports appearing in the media rather than an actual increase in occurrences.? Can check out the google map of recent die off as "Google Map of recent mass animal die-offs".

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4382489_f260.jpg

2. Sensi profile image60
    Sensiposted 7 years ago

I think it's from strange weather conditions and water contamination.

If fireworks were the culprit then it would have happen in past years.

3. Donna Janelle profile image74
    Donna Janelleposted 7 years ago

I don't think it's from fireworks. From what I understood it happened in a realatively small town - small enough that I don;t think it would have a fireworks display large enough to kill over 3,000 birds. Although I have no clue what the reason is, I tdo hink there is an explanation somewhere and that this event (and others) doesn't mean the world is coming to an end.

4. Jaymeyaroch profile image60
    Jaymeyarochposted 7 years ago

If it had been maybe 50 to 200 birds, I would believe any story they told.  Birds are insensible creatures and startle easily.

However, 5000 birds is a bit much of a sample population, even among millions of birds, to have all been of the same species.  There were no others of any other species among the dead.

My theory is a sickness, either biological from nature or engineered by man.  It could very well be a small test of chemical weapon that is designed to kill birds so as to spread disease in a area.  It could be a very useful, non-invasive way to eliminate or neutralize a population.

It's just too sudden to be a naturally occurring sickness, and too many for it to have been fireworks.  Birds die by flying to buildings (an obvious cause of death that doesn't simply vanish) and those that are startled by fireworks do fall out of trees.  However, it is not common for this to happen in numbers outside the low hundreds.

The dead birds of the same species in Louisiana dropped out of the sky onto the highway.  There is no cause for that, and as far as I know, no solid explanation has been offered.

Closed to reply

working