My 10 year old black lab suddenly lost his appetite about 2 months ago. Intestin

1. profile image52
    Johnnykayokposted 6 years ago

My 10 year old black lab suddenly lost his appetite about 2 months ago. Intestinal blockage?

I have taken him to two different vets now. The second one supposably diagnosed the problem as a partial blockage in his 'bowel'? He surgically removed a 12" section two days ago. They could not get Spooker to eat at the clinic. I was sent home with many cans of 'mushy' Medi-cal convalesense food and Hills A/D, but Spooker won't eat it. I can however get him to eat small amounts of cooked, mushed, non-spicey pork sausage, and also milk blended with with hi-protein 'Boost'. Essentially his appetite has'nt changed (I could get him to eat this before I brought him to the vet). He was'nt vomitting

2. profile image0
    Memories1932posted 6 years ago

If it is possible you should take your dog to a holstic vet. We  tried several regular vets but did not like them and then we found a holstic vet that we are very happy with. I don't blame your dog for not wanting to eat that food. Google the truth about dog food and you'll see that commercial dog food is not the best for your dog. It would be a good idea to go online and try to find homemade dog food receipes. I hope this helps and that your dog gets better soon. Best wishes to you and your dog.

working