- Pets and Animals
Funny Cat Facts
Only another cat lover can relate...
It is not until you have lived with a cat that you begin to understand their idiosyncrasies. And it is only with love that we accept them... amazing both to the owners and probably to the cats themselves.
Here are just a few funny facts about cats that any cat owner is sure to relate to. Feel free to share your own cat facts in the guestbook near the end of this lens.
Citation: cat graphics are copyright M. E. Wood unless otherwise noted.
Which Are You?
The Truth About Cats and Dogs and Their Owners
Totally Fun Things to Do with Your Cat - "Meow!"
This book contains ideas for cat owners to engage their pets in play time as well as some basic training (for who, remains to be seen).
Funny PosesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Cats always want to sing when you want to sleep.
Your Local Humane Society
Your local Humane society depends on donations and funding to help it support the thousands of animals it takes care of. They never have enough.
Throughout the year they could use your support with monetary donations even if it's only $10 here and there. The summer month's are especially a difficult season.
If you rather not donate cash there are certain items they never have enough of. Kitty litter and pet food. You can give them a call to see if there is a particular brand they use or if there are any other items they use.
"There is no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person."
"No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can totally remove his fur from your couch.
"A cat is composed of Matter... Antimatter... and It Doesn't Matter."
"Even the fattest cat can find the best pose to make it look thin."
"A cat allows you to sleep on the edge of the bed."
From one of the leading publishers of tugging on your heart strings. This book celebrates our bonds with our cats.
"A cat must lay on the floor in such a position to obstruct the maximum amount of human traffic."
Why Do Cats Always Land on Their Feet? - 101 of the Most Perplexing Questions Answered
Anyone who has ever wondered why cats do the things they do will enjoy this award winner pet book. Your cat may not be as individual as you think!
"Cats are not clean, they are just covered in spit."
Beautiful FacesClick thumbnail to view full-size
"No matter how much square footage of bare flooring, a barfing cat will always find the spot covered in carpet."
Percy Bysshe Shelley
"When my cats aren't happy, I'm not happy. Not because I care about their mood but because I know they're just sitting there thinking up ways to get even."
Why I Love Cats
We all have our reasons for liking or loving the animals we love. Growing up we always had a cat in the house and I always wanted a dog. When I finally got a dog, who I love, I realized for the first time I really was a cat person. I currently have two cats, a dog and few fish. As much as I love all animals here are a few reasons why I love cats, especially as pets:
- They can pee and poo on their own any time of day without having to be let outside. (It is just coincidence this is number one).
- They purr.
- They don't bark at the mailman and every human or dog that walks by. (Yes I have seen the cat barking video on Youtube -- most don't bark).
- They are very amusing to watch when they play with a piece of paper or box.
- I love to watch them sleep too.
- Tiny kitty noses that are fluffy on top.
- Little chins. Seriously, how cute are those? They just beg for a finger scratching.
- They are grazers when it comes to mealtime. Ok, they might go a little crazy if there is fish or turkey being cooked but that is cute in and of itself.
- They sleep a lot -- makes a little jealous really.
- They are excellent lap warmers.
- They can entertain themselves if necessary. I could never bird watch for as long as they do.
- They can leap from tall bookcases in a single bound.
- More to come!
I love to know what people name their cats. Do tell. If you don't have a cat what would you name one if you did?
Or you can just leave some warm fuzzies!