Howz 2 Bringz Up A Barn Kittie - By Robin
Robin Giving You No Option
Ize herd frm Dad thut Squidu needz New Catz Lenzes sew thiz iz it.
Robin wants to have a go at winning the prize for the best new cat lens (Squidoo name for a Hub), so he has asked me to help him write about bringing up a barn kitten. The lens is going to share our experiences and some of the facts and ideas that have helped us in giving Robin the best home we possibly could.
Ize tuld Dad Thut heeze gotz to winz a prize cuz Ize cute. Heeze gtta tell U about meeze und hav lotz ov pics of meeze thatz all. Heeze gotz 2 tel U whatz I sez Ize likez und what I needz to stay big und strng! Ize likez sum toyz 2.
All pictures hve been taken by Mum and Dad with their Canon Digital Rebel.
Robin Looking Heaven Wards
Thingz Kittiez likez
1. Climbing thingz.
2. Hiddin thingz.
3. Kitnip thingz
4. Scratchin thingz
6. Fetherie thingz.
7. Dancin thingz
8. Jumpin thingz
9. Rollin thingz
10. Sleepin thingz
Remberz weeze controlz allz of theze notez U stopz whun kittiez sez!
Robin Thinks The Horse Shavings Belong To Him!
Things To Do To Keep Your Cat Healthy - Vet approved
One of our issues when Robin came was not knowing what a Cat needs in terms of injections etc. and food. This is a list of the things we learned that could be useful to others, not all people have farms so these are aimed primarily at farm or barn cats, but I have tried to explain where they can be adapted for smaller homed families and cats too.
1. Regular worming and flea and tick treatment once a month for outdoor cats - Revolution is great it handles all of their likely issues.
2. Rabies injections as required by a qualified veterinarian - they keep records to ensure it is done as required ours reminds when due.
3. Relevant vaccines as needed where you live - Trust your veterinarian on this, ours is great.
4. Freedom to come and go as they please - Cats are territorial and will roam in a small area (this is not practical for city dwellers)
5. Free access to food and clean water - Cat flaps are great at ensuring this, content cats eat only what they need, and do not get fat! This is why kibble feed is best to use it does not go off quickly.
6. Something to sharpen their claws on - They have to be able to remove the myelin sheeth or they are useless.
7. Something to climb on - Fence Posts and Trees are great but a cat tree will suffice if you do not have these.
8. Places to hide - Robin likes under rocks, sheds, cars, trucks, long grass, under low growing trees etc.Create places if they are not there naturally.
9. The ability to hunt their own food spiders crickets, mice, snakes etc. - If you do not have make this a game for them to play hide food to be found!
10. Feed only meat or high quality properly formulated cat foods. - Especially important no sugary treats! and often no cow`s milk.
One thing we have done is keep him in at night, this is when Coyotes and other larger predators roam most, but remember he is well equipped to defend himself, and climb out of harm`s way or hide if he has to. He has amazing hearing, sense of smell and is extremely athletic, cats are the fastest land animals and can usually escape unless surrounded or trapped. Robin climbs trees and now has learned to leap from branch to branch like a squirrel. Robin is male and was feral when he arrived, do not assume an exotic breed will adapt like this, this is just what is best for him.
Robin is extremely friendly and returns to top up his food and for strokes and cuddles, but these are restricted, we put him down before he has had too much, or he gets aggressive. He tends to leave when horse boarders arrive as he finds them too fussy, but he loves our lady vet!
I think the list is fairly complete, but will leave space for comments and additions below.
Stuff Robin Likez from Amazon
Robin sez uze gotz to thinc about ure houzez and th kittiez needz. We have selected practical and best loved items suitable for all cats homes thanks to Robin for his help!
Thiz kittie treez tall and haz places fur meeze to hidez ur sleepz.
Ize Likz 2 Louunge
Kittiez Bedz und scrtch brd 2!
Cuz Kittiez Luvz 2 danz
Wha kitiez no likz to danz?
Thiz iz real fun to chaze.
Hidz Thiz wiv Treatz
Kittiez luvz to huntz stuf.
U cun hidez thiz wiv treatz inzide I luvs to huntz fur theze.
Kittiez luvz bolz
I cun chaze theze.
Ize reaaaly likez ballz 2 playz wiv.
Mize new howz?
Meeze likz thiz.
Robin`s Personal Choice 1 from Amazon - Ize Thinkz allz the kittiez likez theez
Thiz is pretty und haz places to hidez and climbz on and to sleepz 2!
Ize likz to sleepz
I cun scratch thiz 2!
Robin`s Personal Choice 2 from Amazon
Ize likez 2 scratchz und sleepz 2. Thiz letz meeze do bothz.
Ballz 2 bat aroound!
Catz luvz ballz to chaze.
Robin`s Personal Choice 3 from Amazon
Thiz haz lotz of ballz I luvs ballz to bat aroound!
Robinz Picturez - By Mum und DadClick thumbnail to view full-size
Robin's Most Important Thing
ALWAYS LOVE YOUR CAT!