Lucy Liu, My Tiny Yorkie Niece!
Lucy Liu, My Sis's Yorkie, Is My Ladybug's BFF!
She's a tiny, adorable fluffball... she's a little spitfire when she decides to get frisky... she's a doll baby when she feels like snuggling... she's Lucy Liu! This precious, feisty Yorkshire Terrier spends her days living the charmed life supervising the goings-on in her Mommy's hair salon.
Lucy has a pretend husband, Ziggy, a 2-year-old male Yorkie who belongs to a friend of Celia. They are practically inseparable.
Lucy lives in the Kansas City area and we live in Omaha, so we don't get to see her as often as we'd like. Over our visits she's grown to know us and now she looks forward to her visits with Ladybug, my tiny Miniature Schnauzer. They play nonstop from the minute they get together until they fall down exhausted once apart.
We adore little Lucy and think she's just pretty darned cool!
How Cool Is This!
Lucy was born on July 9, 2009. My sister found a picture of her sister online, fell in love, and called to ask about her. Turns out she was already sold, and Celia was crushed. But the breeder sent a pic of her tiny little sister, Lucy, and it was love at first sight. Celia and her husband, Randy, drove over three hours to pick her up in Frankfort, KS. Celia was sitting cross-legged on the sidewalk in the middle of this little town. Lucy got of kennel and hopped onto Celia, and it was all over! At the time, Lucy was just 10 weeks old.
Nappin' With A Friend! - Another favorite activity!
L U C Y L I U ! ! !
Lucy Loves To Hang With Her BFF, My Tiny Miniature Schnauzer Ladybug!
What Do You Say?
Have you ever had a Yorkie?
More Fun Facts About Lucy Liu - She Isn't 100 Percent Angel, But She's Close!
- Lucy's favorite treat is Greenies micro mini diet.
- Lucy's favorite food is prescription Science wet for LD (hepatic) and Royal Canin dry, mixed
- When Lucy is happy, she goes in circles real fast on the bed. If she's playing, she sticks her butt up in air .
- When Lucy is sad or bored, she will get in her bed. When she is sick or cold, she gets in her kennel.
- Lucy does have one very ornery habit! Celia has a hair salon in her home. Lucy sometimes hangs out in the shop with the ladies. If she gets the chance, she will get in their purses! She loves to steal paper, paper money, kleenex, pens and pencils. She then hides them in the next room, hides under the pool table and chews them up! So ladies are always warned to keep their purses off the floor!
Celia suggests if you are considering purchasing a Yorkshire Terrier, have them tested first for congenital liver conditions.
Lucy's Medical Condition
When Lucy was getting ready to be spayed, the pre-op blood tests turned up a liver problem. They thought she had a shunt, did exploratory surgery, and had no shunt. That left her with a diagnosis of microvascular dysplasia. The only treatment is liver supplements, Denisil (Sam-E) and a low protein, low fat diet.
Lucy's Favorite Play Games
She loves to play ball with her dad. She grabs the ball and runs to the living room. Randy lays down and throws the ball for Lucy. Then they play tuggie and he throws the ball again.
Now, Lucy won't play with just any ball! Her preference is the fuzzy boodah ball with a giraffe on it. When they are able to find them, they buy them by the dozen!
Our Visits Are Rare, But Wonderful! - It's So Nice When Your "Niece" Runs Right To You!
This lens is honored to be included on the "Squidoo Top 50 Squidpaws Lenses of 2012!" You can check out the list at the link below. Thanks, Squidoo!