- Pets and Animals
What To Name Your Norwegian Forest Cat
Norwegian Forest Cat Name Ideas
Were you graced to have a Norwegian Forest Cat come into your life? All Wegie owners know the charm and character that comes with this unique breed. Therefore it's important that they have that special name to match!
Whether named after Nordic gods or fae spirits of the woods, most Norwegian Forest Cats live up to such legendary names.
Norwegian Forest Cat Characteristics - Some common traits of the Norwegian Forest Cat breed
- Long, bushy tail
- Lynx tips and/or long ear hairs
- A mane or ruff around the neck, usually becomes fuller in the colder months
- Greenish eyes, although other colors are acceptable
- Large feet that display protruding tufts of hair
- A love of water
- Playful attitude
- Not easily startled, gets along well with children and other pets
- Can take up to 5 years to fully mature. Others breeds take only 2-3 years.
Breeding Norwegian Forest Cats - Learn more about this fascinating cat breed
Some typical traits of Norwegian Forest Cats are lynx tips on the ears and greenish eyes