Welcome to my Holiday Gift Guide for Pet Beds!
If your prince or princess shares your bed and tends to be a blanket hog, you can get them their own special bed.
Your babies give you all their love and loyalty. When you take an animal into your home and your life, you have accepted the responsibility of making sure they are healthy, warm, fed and loved.
Why not make them feel as special to you as they make you feel. Give them a bed of their own. After all everyone needs their own space.
Why We Bought a Pet Bed for Our Princess
I have a large dog and she is getting on up there in age even though we still think of her as our "baby". We want her to be as comfortable as she can be and not make it too hard for her to find a place to lay as she follows me in house throughout the day.
As she has aged, it is getting harder for her to jump up on the bed and snuggle with us. So we have chosen to give her a bed that is large enough for her to spread out and be comfortable and warm at night. We actually bought two of them for use in different areas of the house.
Get It From Amazon - Also Avaliable in Smaller and Larger sizes
This bed is especially helpful for those dogs with the pain of arthritis, hip dysplasia, joint and muscle stiffness.
An excerpt from one of the many customer reviews about the quality of this bed:
"I am very pleased with the quality of this bed. I have two labs 75 and 55 pounds and it is important that products are durable. This bed is well made with good detail. The stitching and seams on the covers are all straight and tight. The covers fit well and the fabric quality is good. The zippers for the inside and outside covers work good and I can get the pad out of the covers without much difficulty. I like that the outer cover is machine washable in denim cloth and I like that the inner cover is waterproof and made of a soft fabric (one that doesn't sound like plastic every time the dogs walk on it). The extra-large pad is thick and the size is perfect for one or both to curl up on to nap. I like that it is not too heavy so that I can move it easily from room to room if needed."
Buy it on Amazon - For every sale, Squidoo donates $1 to charity!
If it is cooler where you live or your pup has shorter hair, your dog might love to have a heated bed. I have often wished for one of those myself.
Heated Round Pet Bed
Heated Round Super Comfort Pet Bed Great for all sizes 23" Diameter Foam-Filled Bed Removable, Washable Fleece Cover With Zipper Large 17" x 17" Heating Element that Surrounds Pet with Warmth Low Voltage for Safety (24 volts) Low Power Consumption for Economy (12 watts) Durable Cord With Chew Protector.
Just Like Siblings
If you happen to be one of those lucky pet parents of both feline and canine children, you already know they should probably have their own individual beds.
If one gets something special and new the other will always want it and depending on the situation they may actually get it no matter what you tell them. So be sure to get a little something for your feline fur-baby or this could be the outcome.
Why They Should Have Their Own Beds
Prep Time: Depends on stubborness
Total Time: Lifetime of love
Serves: All involved
- Dear Dogs and Cats,
- When I say to move, it means to go someplace else, not to switch positions with each other so there are still two of you in the way.
- The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
- The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.
- For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years--canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.
- The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!
- To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:
- RULES FOR NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT MY PETS:
- 1. They live here. You don't.
- 2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.(That's why they call it "fur"niture.)
- 3. I like my pets a lot better than most people.
- 4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.
- Dogs and cats are better than kids ... they eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about having to buy the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, and don't need a gazillion dollars for college - and, if they get pregnant, you can sell the children!