- Pets and Animals
Preparing your pets for emergencies!
Being prepared for any emergency!
Emergencies and disasters can happen. Are you ready?
Tornadoes, hurricanes, fire, earthquakes, flooding - emergencies come in many forms. And they may require anything from taking cover in a safe place in your home, a brief absence from your residence to temporary, or even, permanent evacuation.
We are here to help you get ready, for whatever may happen. Like my Mum always says - BE PREPARED!
The top things for getting your pet prepared for any emergency!
- Get a rescue alert sticker for the front window of your home! In the event of a disaster or emergency it will let rescuers know there are pets in the home and how many.
- Find a safe place that you and your pet can go in an emergency ahead of time! Keep their number in your pet emergency supply kit.
- And/or find a safe place for your pets if you have to leave or evacuate, and can't take them with you. Whether it's a friend's or family's home, or a temporary shelter or veterinarian, find a place your pet can stay safely until they can reunite with you.
- Keep those carriers and crates very handy. And put together an emergency preparedness kit and first aid kit for your pets. Add food, water, supplies, dishes, copies of vet records and vaccinations, leashes and collars, cleaning supplies, litter, pet carrier, photos and id's of your pet, toys, blankets and anything you feel your pet will need. Keep it in a box or container right near your carriers and crates, labeled, and ready to go. And keep it with you at all times, whether you are taking cover in your home, evacuating, or taking other forms of shelter.
- Get all the car safety gear and information you need for your pup to travel safely.
Be prepared 24/7!
Be prepared 24/7 with this new iPhone app from JiveMedia. From cuts and impalement, to choking and CPR, Pet First Aid is at your fingertips with detailed articles, video, and illustrations to help you care for your dog or cat. Record your pet's vital medical information to ensure their veterinarian is never more than a touch away, and your pet will never miss another vaccination.
Pet First Aid is loaded with detailed videos and step-by-step illustrations so you'll know exactly what to do when caring for your pet. Videos include: restraint, muzzling, CPR, bandaging, and many more. All articles, videos, and illustrations are bundled with the application for offline or wilderness access.
Featuring dozens of articles, including:
* Rescue Breathing & CPR
* Giving Medicine
* Disaster Preparedness
* Bites & Stings
* Fractures & Sprains
* Heat & Cold Injuries
* and many more...
And don't forget to download the Pet Poison Help app for information on hundreds of household products and plants that are potentially toxic to your pet, and steps to take if your dog or cat is exposed to one of these toxins.
Accidents can happen so be prepared. The Deluxe Canine First Aid Kit is a high-quality first aid kit designed just for dogs. It contains over 40 veterinarian-recommended emergency items in a blue padded and insulated Thermos carrying case that is 10"L x 7"W x 3"D. This first aid kit also contains a 112-page book, Emergency First Aid for Your Dog by Dr. Tamara S. Shearer, which fits conveniently inside the cover of the kit.
Great links to help you get prepared!
- Emergency Pet Preparedness
From the ASPCA!
- Disaster pet brochure.
From the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS).
- Disaster preparedness quiz.
Are you ready? Take this quiz from the HSUS.
- Disaster preparedness for pets.
The key to survival during a disaster, crisis or emergency is to be as prepared as possible before the storm hits. Take the time to make a plan and assemble an emergency kit for you and your pet. By taking these steps now, you will greatly increase y
- Keeping pets safe during a tornado.
Disaster supply checklist.
- FEMA for kids: pets and disasters
Disasters like hurricanes, tornadoes and floods don't just affect you -- they also affect your pets. And your pets depend on you for their safety. There are many ways to be "Pet Prepared," but you must think ahead and start planning NOW.
- Order a free pet rescue sticker.
In the event of an emergency, our pet rescue window decal alerts rescue personnel that pets are inside your home. The safety pack also includes an ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center magnet-a great way to keep the APCC's toll-free emergency number and
Get the Pet Grab 'N Go Bag from the ASPCA!
And check out their other emergency preparedness items.
Make sure your pet will have everything he or she needs during an emergency with an ASPCAÂ® Pet Grab 'N Go Bag. Put together a bag for each pet and keep them accessible.
Not your ordinary zip lock bag-the ASPCAÂ® Pet Grab 'N Go Bag is an ALOKSAKÂ® element-proof storage bag. ALOKSAKÂ® is a patented design that has passed rigorous testing and is virtually indestructible.
Get your free car safety kit!!!!
Be Smart Ride SafeÂ® with Bark Buckle UP's Pet Safety Kit!
The Bark Buckle UP Pet Safety Kit was designed to protect your pets if you are in an accident First Responders will locate the pet safety kit in your glove box and call your contacts to come get your pet plus inform them you have been in an accident.
The kit includes:
Pet emergency information
First responder decal
Shots and other records
DR. pet advice
Pet travel safety tips
It's super easy and the first pet card and decal are free (with a buck or two for shipping). Additional pets are just $1.00!
Do it and be safe! We did!
SPCA-LA's Disaster Preparedness for Pets PSA with Betty White!
Cool stuff for cool dogs!
Be sure and visit my website - JohannTheDog.com - where you can shop for cool stuff for cool dogs!
We've put together, in one place, all the cool stuff you need for your dog!
Find dog beds, all natural foods and treats, collars, leashes, charms, training and agility gear, vitamins and supplements, books, clothing, toys and more!
And the best part is we donate 10% of our profits to dog rescues and shelters!