Rescues Taking FIV Cats
How To Find A Home For An FIV Cat
Finding a home or rescue to take an FIV (Feline Immunodeficiency Virus) cat can be difficult because of the myths on the Internet. Here, I'll list shelters, rescues and sanctuaries that take FIV cats to help you find a safe place for your rescue or beloved cat.
Many shelters kill cats that test positive for FIV antibodies -- this needs to stop because FIV is really no big deal. FIV cats can live long, healthy, happy lives with this diagnosis. Most never get sick and usually will die of the same old-age disease as Non-FIV cats.
If you have rescued an FIV cat or have one that you simply can not keep yourself, this listing will help you. It is a list of the Shelters, rescues and sanctuaries that take FIV cats. This is only the beginning. I will continue to add places that find homes for FIV cats or are sanctuaries for them. More rescues and shelters are changing their policies every day as they learn more about this virus.
I will also add websites where you can list your FIV cat for adoption.
For more information on FIV, click on FIV Cat Rescue
Photo: Harley, an FIV cat at FIV Cat Rescue
Copyright 2016 Frankie Kangas
Read Before Continuing
FIV Cat Rescue is not affiliated with any of the organizations listed on this website. They were found through our own internet research, and the research or recommendations by others. FIV Cat Rescue has not visited any of the organizations, and has no personal experience or knowledge regarding the adherence to their stated policies, upkeep, and the well-being of the cats that are in their care.
FIV Cat Rescue offers these links optimistically as a service. although we strive to keep the list current, please contact the organizations directly to find out if they are still a viable resource for your FIV cat. It is up to you to do your due diligence before placing a cat at any of these organizations. We can not impress this responsibility upon you strongly enough. The cat(s) you place in their care are counting on you! FIV Cat Rescue assumes no liability for the misuse of the information contained on this website.
A final note...You can be of help to all if you have verifiable knowledge that would indicate taking an organization OFF of this list. Contact FIV Cat Rescue with the specifics.
Find Shelters in Your Area Here
If you cannot find a rescue in the listings below by state, click the link below for the new comprehensive guide to Animal Rescue Groups created by the nonprofit World Environmental Organization at ...
LINK Rescue Shelter
It lists tens of thousands of groups, helping all breeds of dogs, cats, horses and other animals, in over 150 countries. The site also features a worldwide directory of wildlife rehabilitators.
They do not separate them by FIV, however, so once you find a shelter near you, carefully read what their description. Normally, if they take FIV cats, they will say so explicitly. Good luck!
A - C - D States - Saving FIV Cats
- Spenser's Legacy Animal Rescue
Spenser's Legacy Animal Rescue 4649 W Mayes Drive Fayetteville, AK Tel: (479) 601-7202 rescues stray, abandoned, abused animals
- Hermitage No-Kill Cat Shelter | Arizona's First No-Kill, No Cage Cat Sanctuary and Adoption Center
The Hermitage Cat Shelter Mailing Address: P.O. Box 13508 Tucson, AZ 85732 Shelter Address: 5278 E. 21st Street Tucson, AZ 85711 (520) 571-7839 Fax: (520) 269-7810 e-Mail: email@example.com
- St Bonnie's Sanctuary
St Bonnie's Sanctuary Canyon Country, CA Tel: 310-473-5585 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chico Cat Coalition - Chico, CA
Chico Cat Coalition PO Box 4214 Chico CA 95927 Tel: (530) 894-1365 email@example.com
- Fat Kitty City - El Dorado Hills, CA
Agee Memorial Wildlife Fund, Inc. c/o Cindy Minghelli operatres Fat Kitty City 4354 Town Center Blvd., Suite 114-245 El Dorado Hills, CA 95762 TE:: 916-939-3418 FAX: 916-939-4120 firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Boundaries Animal Rescue - Fulton, CA 95439
No Boundaries Animal Rescue, Inc. P.O. Box 176 Fulton, CA 95439 (Near Santa Rosa) email: email@example.com (not a shelter- foster homes network)
- Sammie's Friends - Grass Valley, CA
Sammie's Friends Nevada County Animal Shelter 14647 McCourtney Road Grass Valley, CA 95949 (530) 471-5041 Kennel Hours: Monday - Saturday 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Animal Friends Rescue Project Home - Pacific Grove, CA
Animal Friends Rescue Project P.O. Box 51083 Pacific Grove, CA 93950 TEl: 831-333-0722 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Cat House on the Kings - Parlier, CA
The Cat House on the Kings 7120 S. Kings River Rd. Parlier, CA 93648 Tel: 559-638-8696
- Nine Lives Foundation - Redwood City, CA
Nine Lives Foundation - Cat Shelter, Adoption and Clinic 3016 Rolison Road Redwood City, CA 94063 Tel: 650-368-1365 Fax: 650-368-1060 email: email@example.com
- Happy Tails Pet Sanctuary - Sacramento, CA
Happy Tails Pet Sanctuary "Patricia L. Holmes Adoption Center" 6001 Folsom Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95819 TEL: (916) 556-1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- LAPCATS - Cat & Kitten Adoptions - Sacramento, Elk Grove
Lapcats Rescue 8215 Laguna Blvd Elk Grove, California 95758 (near Sacramento) Phone: 916-247-2287 (CATS) email: email@example.com (not a shelter- foster homes network/PetSmart adoptions)
- Pets Unlimited/Saffron House -- San Francisco, CA
Pets Unlimited / Saffron House 2343 Fillmore Street San Francisco, CA 94115-1812 Tel: 415-563-6700
- Nike Animal Rescue Foundation (NARF) - San Jose, CA
Nike Animal Rescue Foundation (NARF) P.O. Box 26587 San Jose, CA 95159 Tel: 408-946-2291 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heading Home Animal Rescue - Santa Cruz, CA
We have piles of kittens and several bottle fed puppies available for adoption in foster care and at each one of our adoption sites. Please contact us via email: email@example.com if you don't see what you're looking for, odds are we have it
- Angels with Paws - Lakewood, CO.
Angels With Paws 2540 Youngfield St. Lakewood, Colorado 80215 (303) 274-2264 e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Animal Shelter Denver | Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue
The mission of Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue, as a non-profit, no-kill, cage-free cat rescue and shelter. The shelter provides care for abandoned, abused and neglected cats and kittens until permanent homes can be found.
- Forgotten Cats of Delaware - Caring for Feral and Homeless Cats in Delaware
Forgotten cats - a cat and kitten adoption and re-release program. We trap, spay neuter, and release stray cats, feral cats, and homeless cats. We are a humane, no-kill organization.
F- G - H States - Saving FIV Cats
- Lucky Cat Adoptions - Fleming Island, FL.
Lucky Cat Adoptions, Inc. P.O. Box 8490 Fleming Island, FL 32006 Phone & Fax: 888.545.4167 Email: email@example.com
- Abandoned Pet Rescue - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Abandoned Pet Rescue 1137 NE 9th Ave Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (954) 728-9010 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brigid's Crossing Foundation - Naples, FL
Brigid's Crossing Foundation PO Box 9086 Naples, Florida 34101-9086 Tel: 239-591-8425 Fax: 239-591-2735 email@example.com
- Animal Aid Inc. - Oakland Park, FL
Animal Aid Inc. 571 NE 44th St. NW corner of Prospect (44th) and 6th Oakland Park, FL 33334 Tel: 754-223-5378 AnimalAidInc@aol.com
- Helping Paws Animal Sanctuary - Saint James City, FL.
Helping Paws Animal Sanctuary 10060 Mallory E Pkwy Unit D Saint James City , FL 33956 Phone:239-283-9100 Fax:239-283-7600 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angels Among Us Pet Rescue - Alpharetta, GA
Angels Among Us Pet Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity dedicated to saving dogs and cats from high-kill shelters in north Georgia.
- Furkids. Inc. - Atlanta, GA.
Furkids, Inc. P.O. Box 191102 Atlanta, GA 31119 (770) 613-0009 Fax: 866-811-3373 e-Mail: email@example.com
- Good Mews Animal Foundation - Marietta, GA.
Good Mews Animal Foundation 736 Johnson Ferry Road, Suite. A-3 Marietta, GA. 30068 770-499-CATS (2287)
I - K - L States - FIV Cats Taken Here
- Kitties From Heaven - Animal Shelters
- H.E.A.R.T. Hardin Eldora Animal Rescue Team. > Iowa No Kill Animal Shelters
H.E.A.R.T. Hardin Eldora Animal Rescue Team.
- C&W Rustic Hollow Shelter - Nashua, IA
C & W Rustic Hollow Shelter P.O. Box 67 Nashua, IA 50658 (641) 435-4151 e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tree House Humane Society - Chicago, IL
Tree House Humane Society 1212 W. Carmen Avenue Chicago, IL 60640 Tel: 773-784-5488
- PACT Humane Society – Forward Thinking Tactics, No-Kill Goals
We rescue animals from municipal shelters; we do not accept owner surrendered animals unless adopted from PACT email@example.com for PACT-adopted cat or dog only
- Highland Animal Shelter, Highland, Illinois
Highland Animal Shelter 510 Monroe St. Highland, IL 62249 Tel: 618-654-6067 email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Highland Animal Shelter is a no-kill facility where the hungry are fed.
- Humane Society of Indianapolis - Indianapolis, IN
Humane Society of Indianapolis 7929 Michigan Road Indianapolis, IN 46268 Chief Executive Officer 317.872.5650 x104 Customer Service and Adoptions 317.872.5650 x0
- St Tammany's Humane Society - Covington, LA
20384 Harrison Ave. Covington, LA 70433 (985) 892-PETS Fax: (985) 867-3774
M - N - O - P States - Saving FIV Cats
- Howard County Cat Club - Columbia, MD
Howard County Cat Club P.O. Box 2536 Columbia, MD 21045 Tel: 410-730-3679 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rude Ranch Animal Rescue - Harwood, MD
Rude Ranch Animal Rescue 3200 Ivy Way Harwood MD 20776 Tel: 410-798-9559
- Animal Rescue, Inc. - Maryland Line, MD
Animal Rescue, Inc. P.O. Box 35 Maryland Line, MD 21105 (717) 993-3232 FAX: (717) 993-9645 Email: email@example.com
- H.A.R.T. | Homeless Animal Rescue Team - Cumberland, ME
HART -Adoption Center and Shelter for Cats P.O. Box 351 302 Range Road Cumberland, ME 04021 Phone: 207-829-4116 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Froggie's Pond - Battle Creek, MI
Sanctuary for Stray and Unwanted cats that have been diagnosed with FeLV (Feline Leukemia) and/or FIV (Feline AIDS). Located in Battle Creek, MI.
- It's Meow Or Never Rescue & Adoption - Michigan Center, MI
Welcome to It's Meow or Never Animal Rescue (IMON), a 501(c)(3), non-profit, no-kill animal rescue organization. We have been operating since 2003. We currently are adopting and rescuing animals in Washington, Tennessee, Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Ind.
- Crash's Landing Cat Rescue & Placement Center – Saving our little corner of the world,
Crash's Landing & Big Sid's Sanctuary Grand Rapids, MI (616) 826-1303 Email: email@example.com
- HELP Humane Society - Belton, MO
HELP Humane Society 511 Main St. Belton, MO 64012 Tell: 816-318-4357
- All Creatures Animal Rescue & Sanctuary - Buffalo, MO.
All Creatures Animal Rescue & Sanctuary P.O. Box 257 Buffalo, MO 65622 (417) 839-0654 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Great Plains SPCA - Independence, MO
Great Plains SPCA is the Kansas City Metro's most comprehensive No Kill animal welfare organization, serving more than 30,000 needy pets annually.
- Wayside Waifs - Kansas City, MO
Wayside Waifs 3901 Martha Truman Road Kansas City, MO 64137 816.761.8151 Email: email@example.com
- M'Shoogy's Famous Emergency Animal Rescue - Savannah, MO
M'Shoogy's Famous Emergency Animal Rescue 11519 State Route C Savannah, MO 64485 816-324-5824 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Five Acres Animal Shelter - St. Charles, MO
Five Acres Animal Shelter (formerly St. Charles Humane Society) 1099 Pralle Lane St. Charles, MO 63303 Tel: 636-949-9918 Email: email@example.com
- Frisky Whiskers Network, Inc. - St. Louis, MO
P. O. Box 270326, St. Louis, MO. 636-343-7106 and to discuss an FIV cat, you may also call 314-478-4502. Email: FriskyWhiskers@hotmail.com.
- Tenth Life Cat Rescue - St. Louis, MO
Tenth Life Cat Rescue P.O. Box 63187 St Louis, MO 6316 Phone: 314-808-2454 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blind Cat Rescue Home Page - St Pauls. NC
Blind Cat Rescue and Sanctuary 3101 E. Great Marsh Church Road, St Pauls, NC 28384 (910) 850-0009 Email: email@example.com
- The Cat House, No-kill cat shelter - Lincoln, NE
The Cat House 1935 Q Street Box 23145 Lincoln, Nebraska 68542 (402) 441-9593 Fax (866) 817-8819 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seer Farms - Jackson, NJ
Seer Farms PO Box 91 Jackson NJ 08527 Phone: (732) 928-1804 Email: email@example.com
- Tabby's Place: a Cat Sanctuary - Ringoes, NJ
Tabby's Place 1100 US Highway 202 Ringoes, NJ 08551 Tel: 908 237-5300 Fax: 908 237-5311 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Kill Cat Rescue/Furrever Friends - Woodbury, NJ
Furrever Friends Rescue and Volunteers, Inc. PO Box 141 Woodbury, NJ 08096 24/7 Hotline: (856) 845-8554 no Email listed.
- Happy Cat Rescue Inc., Albany, NY
P. O. Box 5424 Albany, NY 12205 email: email@example.com. To Get People to adopt cats/kittens.
- Animal Haven - New York, NY
Animal Haven 251 Centre Street New York, NY 10013 Phone: 212.274.8511
- Neighborhood Cats - New York, NY
Neighborhood Cats, 2576 Broadway, No. 555, New York, NY 10025 Phone: 212-662-5761 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- One of a Kind Pets -- Akron, OH
1929 West Market Street Akron, OH 44313 Phone: 330.865.6200 Fax: 330.865.6204
- Save the Animals Foundation - Cincinnati, OH
Save The Animals Foundation 4011 Red Bank Road Cincinnati, OH 45227 513.561.7823 (STAF) Email: email@example.com
- Pets Without Parents - Columbus, OH
Pets Without Parents, founded June 2001, a non-profit, no-kill, all-breed shelter for dogs and cats. Our mission is to place every pet that enters our shelter into a loving, permanent home.
- Licking County Humane Society - Heath, OH
Licking County Humane Society 825 Thornwood Drive Heath, OH 43056 Tel: (740) 323-2100 Fax (740) 323-2107
- The Best Little Cat House in PA - Harrisburg, PA
- Castaway Critters - Harrisburg, PA
Castaway Critters, the James A Hueholt Memorial Foundation P.O. Box 1421 Harrisburg, PA 17105-1421 TEL: (717) 831-5010 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
R - S - T States - Rescues FIV Cats
- Buddies Place Cat Rescue - Arlington, TX
Buddies Place Cat Rescue Email: email@example.com http://www.buddiesplacecatrescue.org/ https://www.facebook.com/BuddiesPlace BPCR is a small 501(c)3 non-profit volunteer foster network
- Texas Siamese Rescue - Corinth, TX
Texas Siamese Rescue 1123 N. Corinth St Corinth, TX 76208 Phone: 940-367-7367 Fax: 940-297-2717 Email: TXsrc@siameserescue.org
- Dog & Kitty City - Dallas, TX
No-kill animal shelter Dog & Kitty City offers safety and care to abandoned cats and dogs of Dallas. All animals are adoptable to the right person and home.
- Shadow Cats - Round Rock, TX
U - V - W States - FIV Cats Accepted Here
- Best Friends Animal Society - Kanab, Utah
Best Friends Animal Society 5001 Angel Canyon Road Kanab, Utah 84741-5000 Tel: (435) 644-2001 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends of Homeless Animals - Aidie, VA
Friends P.O. Box 415 Aldie VA 20105 Tel: 703-385-0224 Email: email@example.com
- Fancy Cats Rescue Team - Herndon, VA
Fancy Cats Rescue Team P O Box 182 Herndon, VA 20172-0182 Phone: (703) 961-1056 Fax:(703) 961-1091 Email: Info@FancyCats.org
- Rikki's Refuge Animal Sanctuary - Orange, VA
Rikki's Refuge PO Box 1357 Orange, VA 22960 Tel: 540-854-0870 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AdvoCATs, Inc. - Spotsylvania, VA
AdvoCATs Inc - Feline Rescue P.O. Box 1444 Spotsylvania, VA 22553 Phone:540-207-1589 Email: email@example.com Volunteer foster families network
- Purrfect Pals - Arlington, WA
Perfect Pals 230 McRae Road NE Arlington, WA 98223 Tel: 360-652-9611 Fax: 360-618-6683 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MEOW Cat Rescue - Kirkland, WA
MEOW Cat Rescue 10600 NE 68th Street, Suite F Kirkland, Washington 98033 PO Box 58, Kirkland, WA 98083 Phone: 425-822-6369 Fax: 855-696-6369 Email: email@example.com https://www.facebook.com/MEOWCatRescue
- Center Valley Animal Rescue - Quilcene, WA
Center Valley Animal Rescue 11900 Center Road Quilcene, WA 98376 Tel: 360-765-0598 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Silver Cloud Special Cat Sanctuary - Walla Walla, WA
505 N 6th Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362 We take FiV, seniors, differently abled (blind, deaf, amputee, etc) and behaviorally challenged (unpredictable, very fearful, etc) kitties and give them a safe place to spend their lives if they're not adoptable.
- It's Meow or Never Animal Rescue - Woodinville, WA
- Saving Paws Animal Rescue, Inc. - Appleton, WI
- Happily Ever After Animal Sanctuary, Inc. - Marion, WI 54950
Happily Ever After Animal Sanctuary, Inc. E5714 Bork Road Marion, WI 54950 Phone: 920-639-2654 Email:email@example.com
- Southern West Virginia Animal League - Princeton, WV
SWVAL PO Box 1853 Princeton, WV 24740 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Germany - FIV Cats Accepted Here
United Kingdom - FIV Cats Accepted Here
- What a cat owner needs to know about FIV
Learn all you need about FIV - this Catwork FIV information is based on real-life experience of hundreds of FIV cats, way beyond the theory
Gypsy FIV 8-yrs old still purring
Buy Something and A Donation Goes To FIV Cat Rescue
Where To List Your FIV+ Cat For Adoption - All NATIONAL SERVICES
- Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder
Petfinder is a community of homeless animal adoption shelters and rescue groups. You may be able to get a local rescue group to list your cat on their account with Petfinder. An Individual can not list their cat. Petfinder - pet adoption: adopt a ho
- Pets with Disabilities
Pets with Disabilities 635 Clay Hammond Road Prince Frederick, MD 20678, USA Phone: 443-624-9270 You can list your FIV+ cat for adoption on their website. Contact info: email@example.com
- PurringPixieCatResource - Yahoo Group
PurringPixieCatResource Â· Help for FELV & FIV Positive Cats This list is for FELV and FIV positive cat info on rescue, transport,rehoming and medical questions.
If you are a rescue, shelter or sanctuary that takes FIV cats, and would like to be listed in this directory, please leave a message here or contact Frankie at FIVCat@gmail.com Be sure to say what country you are in if not the USA.
Captain, FIV 15-yr old
Brought to you by FIV Cat Recue
Educating | Advocating | Saving Lives
This listing was created and being maintained by:
FIV Cat Rescue
P.O. Box 1758
Fort Bragg, CA. 95437
Our Mission is to stop the killing of cats that test positive for FIV (Feline immunodeficiency Virus) antibodies due to misinformation and fear.
1. Work with researchers to create and distribute educational materials to vets, shelters and the general public about FIV.
2. To set up and make available a database of shelters, rescues and sanctuaries that take in FIV+ cats.
3. To provide rescuers and caregivers the tools they need to help stop the killing of FIV+ cats.
4. To provide the assistance needed to find forever homes for FIV+ cats.
"Testing positive for FIV antibodies should not be a death sentence. Most FIV+ cats live long, healthy lives."
Join us on Facebook by clicking the link below.
Please let me know if this is helpful to you and what could make it even more helpful.