- Pets and Animals
Signs you might be a crazy cat lady
So you think you're a crazy cat lady...
Face it - all cat lovers and owners are at risk for becoming the proverbial 'crazy cat lady'. You talk about the cute things your cat does, you are always on the lookout for toys he might like, and you think about him when you're at work. Well, you might just be a crazy cat lady!
And men, don't think you're safe - you can become crazy cat ladies, too!
Signs you just might be a crazy cat lady
- You have more cat furniture than people furniture
- You have cat trees, cat beds, scratching posts, a cat hotel and that giant kitty condo for the cats, but only a couch for yourself. Sorry to break it to you, but this is a sign you might be turning into a crazy cat lady!
- You're always talking about your cat
- You tell everybody about the cute (and not-so-cute) things your cat does. You just can't help it!
- You spend way too much money on cat toys
- You see a cat toy at the store, and just have to buy it, even though you know your cat will play with it for about 2 minutes before it gets trapped under the couch. But you know those 2 minutes will be
- so cute
- You have 3 or more cats
- Not always true, but a good indicator you might be a crazy cat lady.
- You sign your Christmas cards with your name and your cat's name
- Or worse yet, people address cards to you and your cat!
- Your camera and cell phone are filled with pictures of your cat
- And you show them to everybody who says the word
- Your cat is the star of your Facebook page
- You have albums and albums dedicated to your cat. Maybe your cat even has a profile page of his own!
- You are always googling pictures of kittens
- And they never stop being cute! This includes searching Youtube for videos of cute cat videos, like
- this one
- You take your cat on field trips
- Maybe it's to the pet store, or maybe you just take your cat out with you for a stroll. (I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous of people who can do this - my cats hate being leashed!)
- You frequently visit your local animal shelter
- You go just to see the cats, and are really sad when you realize there is no way you can take one home.
- You know what 'lolcats' is; in fact, it's your homepage!
- Never heard of lolcats? See for yourself what all the fuss is about
- You can identify with almost everything on this list!
Okay, so I'm a crazy cat lady...now what?
So you've admitted it - that's the first step on your road to recovery.
Just kidding! There's nothing wrong with being a so-called crazy cat lady! It just means that you adore cats, and as long as you are happy and feel fulfilled, go ahead - wear that 'crazy cat lady' badge with pride! Talk about your cat to anybody who will listen. Adopt another cat if you can afford to take care of him. Take all the pictures in the world, and buy that cat toy you saw at the pet store!
Like everything in life, it's about moderation. Make sure your life has a healthy balance, and make sure your social life isn't suffering just because of your cats. If relationships or your finances start to suffer because of your cats, that's probably a sign of a problem, but otherwise, keep loving your cats to bits!
Proof I'm a crazy cat lady - Our three cats - Oliver, Momo and MidnightClick thumbnail to view full-size
FURminator deShedding Tool - This is the most amazing deshedding tool you can buy.
As an owner of three cats, I would recommend this deshedding brush to all cat owners out there. It really works, and it cuts down on the amount of shedding your cat does. Definitely a five star product, worth every penny! You won't regret this purchase!