The Snugglesafe Pet Heating Pad For Cozy Pets
Keep Your Pet Cozy this Winter with the Snugglesafe Pet Heating pad
My cat Holly is trying out the Snugglesafe pet heating pad. While it is one of the more popular heating pads for small pets Holly is very picky and she will let everyone know if she approves. While it is great for both inside and outside the home Holly is 18 and will be testing the pad from the comfort of her cozy corner.
You can see how she gets on for each day below.
Spot the Pet Heating Pad!
The Snugglesafe Pet Heating Pad
The heating pads for cats, dogs and other small furry animals that stays warm for much longer than hot bottles or wheat pads and is much safer. It is great for older animals and those who are outside as well.
The Snugglesafe Pet Heating Pad for Cats, Dogs and Other Small Animals
The Snuggle safe is a very popular bite resistant pet heating pad that can be used for cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea-pigs etc. Because it does not use electricity it is very popular for people who need heating on the go like people who show their pets or rescue centers or people who have outside pets like my sisters rabbits. It is also great for people who want warmth for their pet but not to have to worry about an electrical item catching fire.
It is very economical to use as with only about 6 minutes in the microwave (depending on your microwave power) it stays warm for about 10 hours.
After reading the great reviews I am considering the Snuggle safe for my rather fussy cat Holly who at 18 knows what she wants. She really needs some form of heat as I do not always heat the house all the time and though it stays fairly warm I am concerned Holly will get chilly. However the hardness of the pet heating pad does concern me as I say Holly is super fussy and may not take to the pad, hence the 7 day trial run described below.
Please note that you need to have a microwave to heat the Snugglesafe Pet Heating Pad. As with anything Stick to the heating guidelines. Only ever heat ONE pad at any time.
Photo by Amazon
The 7 Day Pet Heating Pad Experiment - The Cat Heating Pad Trials with Holly
I decided to try this as a cat heating pad on my cat Holly who is very fussy and precise to see if she would take to it as I have particular concerns about the hard case.
Today my sister brought out one of her pet heating pads she uses for her rabbits for the test. I heated it in the microwave. I was impressed that all the heating times were on the disc as I have a tendency to lose instructions. It is quite hot when it comes out so does need to be in it's case. You can handle it without anything but you may prefer to use a cloth or mitts while putting it into the supplied paws cover just to be safe.
- Holly had her first experience with the Snugglesafe. She wasn't coming out of her bed so I slipped it in as best I could. Surprisingly she didn't come straight out but settled half on it then stretched out her paws. Later she was purring. Still later when she emerged she was able to jump up on my sister several times. ( I was impressed but my sister wasn't! lol.) Normally she has difficulty in jumping up more than once as it hurts her. So far it has stayed warm for 7 1/2 hours.
It did stay warm for 10 hours though as you would expect the heat diminished towards the end.
That night after making sure the pet pad was cold I re heated it and popped it back in the bed but Holly still prefers snuggling under the duvet at night. The pad didn't stay so warm at night probably as it was quite cold in the room anyway. But it did retain its heat for most of the night.
- Holly is loving the new pet heating pad. She doesn't lie right on it but snuggles around it. I am wondering if I should put it in the center of her bed. Already her movement is noticeably better. Today she jumped up on me without any falling off again.
- I slipped the pad into the center of the bed under only one layer of thin false fur blanket. Holly seemed restless today she wasn't in her bed but roaming the house. Then she went upstairs I followed and she was on my bed looking miserable and cold. I guessed that maybe the heating pad was too hot for her so I removed it and popped her back into the bed where she stayed.
I did pop the heating pad on my bed though and have to say it is lovely and warm.
- I have just reheated the pad while Holly goes for her early morning exploring and popped it back into her bed. This time it is back in the corner though it does take up most of the bed. Also I have given her more padding all over but still two layers over the pad. Just about to check now.
She was having a drink so will have to check back later.
I think I may have put too much padding in she looks like the princess from the Princess and the Pea!
YES! Well she is actually ON the pad looking quite happy - well until I took her photo!
- After yesterdays initial roaming I thought it might be too hot for her so I popped it under 4 layers.
If Holly cries or looks like she wants something I have found if I follow her she will lead me to what she wants. Well it was back upstairs to the sleeping area. So I popped the heating pad back under only 2 layers.
Now she is curled up on it sound a sleep. No photo this time as I do not want to disturb her. But she looks adorable!
- Today she is restless again so I have removed it. Later I had to put it back in. I think that the first hour it may be too warm for her at the moment when it first comes out of the microwave. When it was colder it was perfect.
- I didn't put the heating pad in today. Holly was still restless and it was getting chilly. Holly came downstairs fussing so I popped the pad into her bed. She immediately settled sound a sleep and purring.
A Very Comfy Kitty!
I think Holly would give it the paws up!
A while on from my trial and Holly has had an early Christmas gift and is now the proud owner of her very own pet heating pad. My sisters bunnies have their pad back and are warm too. Just in time as the weather has turned bitter. We have settled into a routine. I get up, Holly goes out for her short morning walk (if she wants to!) and I pop the heating pad into the microwave. Holly returns shortly after and I pop the pad into her bed and off she goes sound a sleep for the morning.
Sometimes if I am a bit late Holly sits outside her bed waiting for me and only enters her bed after the pet pad goes in. Oh and don't I hear about it if I forget. Holly comes downstairs asking for the pad and hassles me until I realize what I've missed. Then once it's in she goes to bed!
Introducing Your Pet to the Snugglesafe
Some pets if outside will probably not hesitate to use it but cats in particular may take time. A good idea is to pop some catnip on it which I wish I had thought of as my test pad smells of bunnies!
The Snugglesafe in Action
Shows the Snugglesafe in action with a variety of pets.
The Snugglesafe is Versatile - Can be Used Outside and in Rescue Centers
The pet heating pad is great for outside use as there is no electric connection needed so it is often used by people helping outside and feral cats. Also many small rescue centers use it for their rescue pets.
While deciding whether to get this for Holly I checked out a lot about the pet pad and this one is very popular among people who do use it outside as although the heating does reduce over time a bit it is great to heat poor animals in cold winter nights. Often the person will also create some kind of shelter for the animal as well.
Also rescue centers love these, though I suspect it takes a while to heat up quite a few of them!
Safety Standards for the Snugglesafe Pet Pad
The Snuggle safe is SGS tested for your pets safety which is very important to me as I love my cat and don't want to see her come to harm. The SGS is a recognized test house that makes certain that products conform to their original design and purpose of use.