- Pets and Animals
Duck Watching in the Summer
Duck Watching is easier than Bird Watching
I love to go bird watching in the Summer.
Bird watching can be very difficult as you have to be very quiet and patient. You have to twist through the weeds and try to find a bird that was just there, but no longer is.
Duck watching is not as difficult, especially if the ducks are used to being around people. Ducks are an excellent subject for closeup photography because once they are on the water, they don't move very fast. Kids love ducks and most kids who have their first camera, have taken a photo of a duck.
This is a website of some of the ducks that I have seen in my travels. Yes, I have seen a lot of ducks but these are some of the best ones that have posed for me.
I hope you enjoy your visit and please send the link of this website to other duck lovers.
Thanks for visiting.
Be Like a Duck - We need to take Lessons.
If it looks like a duck...take a photo
I have always been fascinated by ducks and their behavior.
Think of all of the air conditioning and heating bills we could save if we just flew to better weather during the seasonal changes. We would also never need to worry about getting wet as the water would roll right off.
Ducks are fascinating birds. I love taking photos of them because they always seem to be eager to pose for you. I have never taken a "bad" duck photo. If you are discouraged because you cannot find any other wildlife to photograph, you will always be able to find a duck.
Many eat ducks and I have included a recipe below. You can substitute chicken if you want; I doubt that you family or guests will know the difference.
I am glad you decided to take this little photographic journey with me through the ducks I have known.
Duck Psychology or Duck Whispering? - Learn to speak duck and people might think you are a "Quack"
Ever wonder why ducks do what they do?
I had no idea that many of the things that they did actually meant something.
This book, written by a true duck whisperer, teaches you to understand "duck" and hopefully, communicate back to them!
All of the mallards were told to keep their eyes closed. All listened except one, the Peking duck.
What do Ducks and Baseball have in Common?
The origin of the term, "Ducks on the Pond."
The phrase "Ducks on the Pond" was originally coined by an Arkansas broadcaster named Arch McDonald in the 1930's. He was the "on-air" broadcaster for the Washington Senators.
In later years, Dizzy dean used this term often and made it famous.
It is just another way to say that there are runners on the bases. A broadcaster might say, "This pitcher has a high earned-run average or doesn't pitch so well with "Ducks on the Pond."
Ri-duck-ulous - Something a duck finds very stupid.
Some Ducks I have Seen - Short duck videos I have taken while on vacation
If you like duck but don't have time to prepare it, you can't go wrong with this crock pot duck soup.
- Prep time: 30 min
- Cook time: 7 hours 30 min
- Ready in: 8 hours
- Yields: 3-4 Adults
- (1) duck - Cut up the duck into pieces that will fit into your mouth
- (5) ounces of burgundy or red wine
- (1) Small can of chicken broth
- (1/2) onion - finely chopped into pieces
- (1) sliced celery stick
- (1) sliced carrot
- (1) red/ripe tomato
- (1) cup of cooked noodles or any pasta you prefer
- Garlic Powder
- Put the bite size duck pieces in a bowl and rub the salt, pepper and garlic into the meat. Don't over do it but add enough for what you think you might like. You can always add to the mixture later if the taste is not what you like.
- Put all of the meat in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients in the crock pot except for the noodles.
- Fill the crock pot with filtered water to the top of the ingredients.
- Set crock pot to low or medium and cook 6-8 hours.
- Prior to serving, add the cooked noodles to the crock pot and let them simmer in the mixture for the last 15 minutes. The noodles should be drained and cooked almost fully before adding.
Get the Marx Brothers version of "Duck Soup" Here!
Well, this isn't the edible kind of duck soup but this is one funny movie!
I didn't even know who the Marx Brothers were until I saw this movie at a young age.
If you enjoy slapstick and silliness, this is the movie for you.
"Hey, take a Photo of ME!" - Too many ducks; he just wanted a little attention
A Sick bird can cause the Avian Flu.
A Sick duck will only cause a minor mallardy.
"The Answer my Friend, is Blowin' in the Wind" - Funny video of baby ducks getting blown in the wind.
You'll never see another duck video like this one.
This is why they need to stay in the water!
Got an Itch to Scratch!
If a duck can't pay for a tube of Chapstick, does he tell the cashier to just put it on his bill?
- Grow your hair long enough to reach the nape of your neck or just above your shoulders.
- Apply hair grease. You shouldn't have so much grease in it that you can cook french fries, just enough that it will hold in place.
- Comb your hair back around your ears.
- Create a ridge below the crown in the shape of a duck - VOILA - Ducktail!
- Muss up your hair in the front.
You don't get down off a horse, you get down off a duck.