10 Creative Ways to Reuse Old Playing Cards
Instead of throwing away many items found in the home, you can reuse them for different purposes. Don't throw away that old deck of cards! Perhaps a few have gone missing-that's okay! Here are some way in which you can reuse those playing cards!
Reuse Reuse Reuse
- Journal This tiny journal or pocket diary is made from just one playing card! It is pocket sized and perfect for grocery and to do lists, poems, and any random thought that comes to mind. It is also a great stocking stuffer. This journal is easy to make. http://www.elizabethabernathy.com/2011/01/tutorial-tiny-playing-card-book.html
- Alice in Wonderland Party Playing cards make a great addition to any Alice in Wonderland party. As they are an important part to the story you can pretty much put them anywhere and they will look like great decorations. Try hanging them from the ceiling or from tree branches if the party is outdoors. You could also make them into tiny men by adding paper heads, arms and legs!
- Artist Trading Card Artists trading cards are tiny works of art that measure 2.5 by 3.5 inches. Using a playing card is the perfect way to get started and words great as a base because of the firm paper. Use your creative energy and imagination to turn the ordinary playing card into a miniature masterpiece. Cut, tear, glue, stamp, paint, and more to make these little cards look fantastic.
- 52 reasons why I love you If you have a deck of 52, you can do this project for a special loved one. On each card give a reason why you love him or her, such as, you always make me smile or you smell good. Bind the cards together with a ring and you'll have the perfect gift for an anniversary, birthday, valentine's day, or any other special occasion.
- Gift tags This one is an easy way to reuse playing cards. You can make the gift tags as simple or as fancy as you like. Think about cutting around the border to make a different shape or adding small emelishments. Punch a hole in the center and add ribbon for a finished look.
- Ornaments Playing cards are stiff and therefore make it ideal to transform them into ornaments. You can alter the card as little or as much as you want. Add embellishments and hanging beads for a special effect.
- Miniature art book This projects combines ideas from both number 3 and 4. This little book is put together the same way as the "52 reasons why I love you" with hole punches and rings. It also has the art aspect from "Artist Trading Cards," where each card is altered. It is a multi-media sketchbook where you can see your ideas and images come to be in a small and portable way. Experiment and use your imagination in creating these cards.
- Garland This easy to make banner would be perfect for a casino inspired party or even the Alice in Wonderland party that I mentioned already!
- Decorative elements Cut out different shapes and designs using an exacto knife or good scissors. You now have awesome embellishments that you can use for anything: cards, art books, and other crafts. Layer your designs for a special effect.
- Scrapbooking When making a scrapbook page that features a special number such as 5th wedding anniversary, playing cards can certainly complete the page. They add color and style as well as making the number stand out. You can also use them for their symbols: hearts for love or diamonds for wealth for example.