Arts & Crafts Ideas: Designing Dinnerware To Make a Declaration for Your Future
What are your dreams for your future? What do you want to do with your life? What legacy do you want to leave for your family / community?
It is important that we all understand what we want out of life. For years, we have been told about the benefits of thinking positive thoughts. We have been told by many famous life coaches and motivational speakers that we should create vision boards, set goals, and know what we want out of life. We have combed through magazines, the internet, and Pinterest boards in hopes of finding pictures and quotes that demonstrate the future we want for our lives.
What if you could see your "vision" in front of you daily without a vision board in the house?
I know this is a wild idea, but bear with me! I recently took part in an exercise that I really enjoyed and want to share with each of you.
Vision Boards Without the Board!
That's right! I want to walk you through creating a vision board without a board!
I can safely assume that most of us eat and drink daily. Whether at work or home, in town or in the backyard, we all have to eat and drink at some point during the day! By creating our visions on dinnerware, we will have it in front of us every time we take a sip of our coffee or tea, each time we eat salad or a bowl of soup, and every time we dine with friends and family! What better way could there be to ensure your dreams are in front of you throughout the day?
Hubs With Fun Sharpie Projects
- Sharpie Art - How to Make a "Stained Glass" Window
If you've always wanted to make stained glass art, but don't have "stained glass" you can use Sharpies! With an old window and some Sharpie markers, you can create your own "stained glass."
- Drawing With Sharpie Markers: The Perfect Art Marker For Designing
Drawing with sharpie markers is fun and easy to, start drawing and sketching with Sharpies.
The Dollar Tree Is Your Friend!
By going to your local Dollar Tree or $.99 store, you can pick up plain white ceramic mugs, bowls, and plates for less than the cost of Sharpies! The most expensive part of this craft is the package of Sharpies, but you can use them after the craft for other fun ideas found here on HubPages or throughout the internet! (See the sidebar for some great hubs involving Sharpies!)
Make It A Party!
Invite friends and family and have a Declaration Party! Each person can bring their own cups and plates, or you can provide them. The key is to have fun. This is a project you do with strangers at church, colleagues, or close friends and family. Everyone is bound to have fun.
Have friends who don't draw (or perhaps you don't)? DON'T WORRY! You can write words that describe your vision. Not everyone is an artist, so remember the point is to have fun not to be perfect. Let your imagination run wild, enjoy yourself. and make stick figures or write words if you can't draw what you see in your mind! The point is to get it out on the dinnerware so you can see it in front of you!
Let's get to the directions for the project!
- Ceramic White, Cup, Bowl, Select any size you use frequently.
- Sharpie Markers, I recommend the big pack!
- Great imagination and dreams!
Declaring Your Future!
- Wipe your plate, bowl, and/or mug with a cleaning wipe or damp cloth and then dry thoroughly!
- Sit down in a quiet location. Feel free to turn on some background music to set the mood.
- Reflect upon your future and what you want it to look like. Where do you want to live? What do you want to do for a career? Who do you want to help? How do you want to looK? What metaphors do you see for your life? What do you feel God calling you to do? Who do you see yourself surrounded by daily? Think of anything that you would like to see as part of your future - it can be life goals, bucket list items, or visions for your future impacting your community and world.
- After you know what you want to draw or write on your cup, go for it! Pick up a Sharpie and start drawing or writing! See the examples below of how others have created declarations for their future!
- Once you have created your dinnerware, set it in the oven. Turn the oven to 360 and let it heat up. Once it heats up, turn the over off without removing the dinnerware.
- Repeat the heat up and cool off process one more time.
- Remove your items from the oven and smile wide - your future is now available for all to see daily!