Jean Shorts, Recycling Worn Jeans, and Crafting
Tips for Wearing Denim
- When wearing denim with denim be sure to choose two completely different washes. Don't try to match up the two denim shades, try pairing a light denin with a darker denim.
- When wearing denim clothing do not wear denim accessories such as a purse, shoes, or hat.
- Try different styles of denim shorts.
- Don't overdo the denim. Don't try to wear everything cowboy oriented: bandanas, boots. It is a mistake to try to casual down your outfit because you are wearing denim shorts.
- Never, I mean never put your denim in a dryer unless you want the distressed look.
- Don't wear with a shirt that is longer that passes the hem of the shorts. It will make you look half dressed.
- Do not cause unsightly bulges by wearing shorts that are too small.
- Make sure you aren't showing your undies.
- Invest in a pair of dark jeans, they are slimming and can be dressed up easier.
- Pair your shorts with a frilly feminine top and heels.
- Make sure you are wearing the right length for you.
- Don't over do the embellishments. You don't want to cover your denim with beads and glitz, too much is overpowering.
- There is nothing cuter than the younger crowd wearing a cut off top with the shorts.
- When washing your denim turn it inside out.
- You can dress up or dress down your outfit when wearing jean shorts, depending on style.
- There are many styles of denim shorts out there. Keep looking until you find the perfect style for you.
As you can see from the list above there are some very specific do's and don'ts that you need to follow when wearing denim.
The oldest known pair of Levi's jeans were found in 1997 and were 100 years old.
Popular Jean Shorts Styles
It would be impossible for me to list every style of jean short so I am listing the most popular and what I consider the best website or websites to visit for the style.
- tie dyed - truereligionbrandjeans.com: the find.com
- embellished - 7forallmankind.com: thegap.com
- rolled up - forever21.com: oldnavy.com
- bleached denim - select2gether.com: singer22.com: target.com
- vintage wash - shopstyle.com: gap.com: thefind.com
- button front - oldnavy.com: gap.com: macys.com
- patchwork - shopbob.com
- military - shopkitson.com
- stretch denim - avenue.com: thefind.com: buckle.com: shopstyle.com
There are many sites online that you can find denim shorts that are perfect for you. Do a little digging and find your own favorite sites.
Statistically, every American owns, on average, seven pairs of blue jeans.
Visit this site to find a wonderful pattern for a denim pillow. You'll have a one of a kind pillow and a conversation piece when people find out you made this yourself with a worn out pair of jeans.
For some really adorable ideas of what to do with your old jeans you have to visit this site. The one I like the best it in the picture above. You have to go there, their ideas are marvelous.
Isn't this the cutest skirt you've ever seen? Imagine making this out of a pair of warn jeans. Visit this site for many different ideas to recycle jeans.
In the early 1960’s, denim was banned by many schools in the U.S as it had become an icon of teen rebellion.
- How to Make a Denim Rag Quilt
A step by step guide to making a Denim Rag Quilt. With full size pictures. This particular quilt is 60
- Denim Skirt Handbag: Project #2
Design a handbag for holidays or everyday! Customize your purse with these directions and photos using basic sewing skills by repurposing a denim skirt.
- Upcycled Denim Apron Tutorial
Make this super cute, and environmentally friendly apron, by upcycling old jeans. It's easy with these detailed photos and step by step instructions.
- 53 Craft Ideas Using Old Denim Jeans
53 easy and useful DIY craft ideas recycling old denim jeans.
- How to Sell Jeans on Ebay to Make Money
Make money selling jeans on Ebay today. Jeans to sell include Diesel, True Religion, Paige,and Levi's. Accurate measurements and quality photos are a must.
- Make Your Own Cut Off Jean Shorts to Save Money
Learn how to cut down jeans to make shorts exactly how you want them. Save waste by using an old pair of jeans.
© 2010 Susan Hazelton