- Arts and Design»
The Best Cheap Sewing Machines
Cheap sewing machines on the market these days do not mean they are of bad quality or are severely limited in some way. They are basic, but very well made machines with enough features to satisfy the general hobbyist. This article recommends a few highly rated (4 to 5 stars) Brother and Singer machines listed on Amazon for less than $200 with more than 50 user reviews.
Both companies are well known with decades of experience in manufacturing
quality sewing machines for a lower cost. These machines reside in countless
homes and sewing classrooms and most will last for many years if taken care of
properly. Because they are simple and lack more advanced features, these machines are all perfect for beginners. The Singer 1507 listed below would be a great beginner machine for a child.
- Brother CS600i 60-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine has over 550 reviews on Amazon to research with a star rating of 4.75.
- Brother XL2600i 25-Stitch Sewing Machine has over 150 user reviews and a rating of 4.75.
- Brother LS2125i Lightweight 10-Stitch Basic Sewing Machine has over 150 reviews and has a rating of 4.
- Singer 7442 Electronic Sewing Machine provides over 50 reviews with a rating of 4.
- Singer 1507 8-Stitch Sewing Machine is the most basic machine on this list and is less than $100. There are over 50 reviews with a rating of 4.
One important note in doing research for cheap sewing machines is the consistency of the reviews on particular models. Reading the reviews all the way through will give you valuable feedback in making an educated selection. Once you do make a purchase and use the machine for awhile, be sure to add your own review for those who come seeking in the future.
For a more comprehensive list of cheap sewing machines, visit Sewing Machines Review.