- Arts and Design»
How to Make a Music Journal
Can you recall listening to a song and immediately connecting to the lyrics? Perhaps it's the message or overall tone that has relevance to your current circumstance, mood, or memory? Often times, music brings inspiration and gives us a chance to express how we feel.
Try creating a music journal!
HOW A MUSIC JOURNAL WORKS
Just 3 Easy Steps...
1. Write Down the Song Lyrics (along with song title and artist) to a song that you connect with or has relevance to you. You can use a journal, composition book, or even a scrapbook. Creating a digital journal can be fun and more lively as you can save music to your file or add links and pictures.
2. Jot Down Any Thoughts or Emotions that you experience when you listen to the song. Or write down memories and/or reflections.
3.Include Positive Quotes, Affirmations or Scriptures that correspond with the lyrics and your personal feelings. It may be helpful to find quotes that challenge any negative thoughts and provide inspirations. You can look up quotes on the web or use an index of a Bible if using scriptures.
You can categorize your journal entries by date, music genre, topics (i.e. love), or mood type (i.ea. joyful, sad). This can be good for the purpose of reflecting back on previous entries.
Inspires creativity, introspection, self reflection and personal growth
- Simple Things that Bring Me Joy
Sometimes, it's the simple things in life that bring us the most joy.
- Survive a Broken Heart
Breaking up can be hard to do. Here are ways to survive a broken heart. + Listen to the Break Up Playlist.
- 10 Songs About Healing
Here are ten songs about healing.
- Meditation and Worship Songs for Personal Quiet Time
Listen to great worship songs for Christian Meditation. + an original poem by me
- What's to Love About Winter
Despite the short days, lack of sun, and cold temperatures there are some things to look forward to during the winter season.