- Arts and Design»
- Graphic Art & Design»
- Design Software
How to Create an Outline Effect in Adobe Illustrator
A simple effect, that has astonishing results.
- Open a new document in Illustrator.
- Make a closed path or type some text. If you use text, make sure you expand it, by selecting it and going Object -> Expand.
- Copy and paste what you just made, and make one white (the one that will be on top), and one black (the one on the bottom).
- Select the black one, go Effect -> Path -> Offset Path. Click on the "Preview" check box, and figure out how thick you want the outline to be. Click OK.
- Make sure the white one is on top by right clicking on the object and going Arrange -> Send to Front. And make sure the black one is on the bottom by going, right click -> Arrang -> Send to Back.
- Then, make sure your "Align" window is open by going Window -> Align. Select both object and click the "Vertical Align Center" and "Horizontal Align Center" buttons.
- Sit back and enjoy your awesome design.