You Can Learn to Crochet
Why Learn to Crochet?
• Crochet is a time-honored craft for right or left-handed people.
• Crochet is a great hobby for people of all ages.
• Crochet is a satisfying all-season craft using a wide variety of yarns.
• Crochet is a needlecraft with easy to learn stitches.
• Crocheted items can be special gifts for special people.
• Crocheted creations can be decorative as well as useful.
• Crocheted clothing and accessories are a pleasure to own.
• Crochet is a great therapy activity for hands and fingers.
• Crochet is a process that can be soothing therapy for the mind.
• Crochet can productively fill “waiting” time.
• Most of all, crochet is really fun stuff!
Get Started with Basic Crochet
How’s that for a List of Bullets on Learning to Crochet?
Now, let's give some more thought to learning the time-honored craft of crochet. The video I’ve included above this paragraph is a favorite “learn to crochet” video because it is silent. You can see how crocheting a length of chain stitches is a simple beginning.
I have a southern drawl that is probably irritating to some people and charming to others, but really, some people have voices that should not be recorded. Googling “learn to crochet” results in a wide variety of videos to choose from so it will be easy to find your favorite voice once you master this basic step of crochet work.
If you have some fear and trepidation about beginning to crochet I would like to encourage you to plunge in. Instead of giving you long paragraphs to try to build your confidence I offer you one major tip. Start with a large crochet hook and some thick, plain yarn.
The large scale of each will allow you to get the feel of the beginner’s stitch and will let you feel them come together. You will very quickly graduate to smaller hooks and yarns. It took me a while to become brave enough to use crochet threads but now I wonder why I waited so long!
Soon you will fall in love with the wonderful yarns and threads that are available from our modern markets. Their colors range from bright to heathered in every hue, and their textures are beautiful and inspiring.
You will find yourself searching for reasons to try new patterns and you’ll be carrying your little crochet bag everywhere once you drink in today's fabulous yarns and threads. Enjoy taking some time to explore what products are out there and how they are being used.
Crochet is a great hobby to teach little girls. It’s a sad thing that so many could be learning this simple skill and yet the craft is not being taught to them. Boys can certainly learn to crochet too, but not as many are going to be as interested as girls will be.
I personally think that every first-grade child should have a semester of learning to crochet with a large hook so they can at least make a simple project. The satisfaction they would receive from accomplishing the task and the lessons they would learn from the process would serve them well throughout their life.
Crochet for Baby
Don't Wait! Start Learning the Craft of Crochet Today
Take a look at the tools of the trade listed below so you can give some thought to what you need in order to begin to learn to crochet, then decide when to begin your new craft.
My favorite project right now is crocheting an edge on pretty flannel squares to make practical, durable, yet lovely baby blankets. These blankets are very absorbent and can be used for everything from a diaper to a sun hat in a pinch!
A look at more videos on the web will tell you how popular crochet projects are. If you learn the time-honored craft of crochet you will soon be enjoying some of the favorite projects because crochet is an easy skill!
Crochet Step by Step
More Crochet Info:
Pinterest: Check out my Yarn boards.
- Crocheted Edging For A Shaped Baby Blanket: Number 4 In A Crochet Series
This 4th in a series on crochet edgings for baby blankets includes photos showing how to create a sweetheart corner for this project. Simple crocheted edges make beautiful gifts!
Left-handed Crochet Example
Do you like to crochet?
Helpful Information for Crafters:
- 40 Creative Blogs that Can Get You Crafting Get a bird's eye view of various ideas that may be new to you!
- 15 Reasons starting a craft business may be your best idea ever.
- Organize Your Craft Room and enjoy more inspiration and productivity.
- Set Up Your Craft Space and maintain its functionality.
- RIbbon Storage Solutions to make crafty projects.
- Sell Crafts and Art Online
Sell homemade crafts and art online at one of these websites and make money from home.
- Free Patterns
This directory is broken down into about 400 categories, which have many sub-categories. For example; when you click on a category such as dolls and doll clothes, you will then be taken to another page which will direct you to hundreds of free...
Recipes for Making your Own Craft Glues and Fun PaintsSave costs on some of the products that can easily be made at home!