Cork Craft Box
Wine Bottle Cork Desk Box
Wine Bottle Cork Desk Box
Your son would be thrilled to hide his secret treasures in this cute cork box. The little girls of your home would welcome a new jewelry box. Your potpourri would find a welcome home in it. This cork box is a great conversation piece for any room.
How to upcycle wine corks to build Cork Desk Box
How to build a Wine Cork Desk Box
This cork project is similar to the wine cork plant container box except there will be a lid to build for it.
Materials needed to make a 3 ½ inch x 5 ½ inch box
hot melt glue gun
2 –8 inch glue sticks
heavy work gloves
- Step 1: Glue 3 corks end to end. Repeat 11 times to make 12 sets of 3 corks.
- Step 2: Glue 4 sets from step 1 together ,side by side, to make the lid of the box. Repeat step 2 once to make the bottom of the box.
- Step 3: Glue 2 sets of 3 corks together (side to side) to make one side of the box. Repeat for other side of your box. Then, glue one side to the 3 cork side of the bottom of the box from step 2. Repeat for other side.
- Step 4: Gluing 2 corks horizontally on top of each other can fill in the hole in the end of the box. Repeat for other end.
- Step 5: Wear the heavy work gloves and using your cutting board cut 11 corks in half lengthwise with the coping saw.
- Step 6: Place the lid from step 2 on top of the cork box you have built. Start at one end of your lid and glue the top cut side of the cork to first cork on the left side of the lid. Continue gluing on cut corks until skirt is completed. (See picture.) This skirting will hold the lid in place. You can reinforce lid by making a bead of glue around inside wall of skirting. It is a good idea to let the lid dry completely on top of the box.
- Step 7: You can now cut a cork in half horizontally and trim the cut side of it to a point so it will glue between the 2 rows of corks on the lid for the handle. Place the box in any room and enjoy.
- It is always a good practice to upcycle and repurpose your found objects into art or useful utensils to save money in your home. I save everything because you never know when you will need it. I guantee the minute you throw it away, you will find a use for it or need it. Thanks a lot for reading and have a great day.
Wine Bottle Cork Crafts
- DIY Christmas Reindeer With Wine Bottle Corks
Do you have piles of wine corks that savor memories of good cheer from the Christmas fun and you can't part with them. Then this project is for you. Make some Christmas reindeer out of your wine corks and put them out for the holidays to keep your me
- Wine Bottle Cork Crafts DIY Cork Mirror Frame
Using corks to frame mirrors will add depth to your décor. This same pattern can also be used to border a ceiling or hallway. I used a mirror I purchased at as thrift shop for fifty cents for this DIY.
- Wine Bottle Cork Crafts DIY How to Build a Wine Cork...
This wine cork birdhouse can be used indoors or outdoors. This birdhouse adds decoration on an apartment balcony or in a tree at your cottage. Easy wine cork craft, your kids can have fun building.
DIY Projects and Save Money in Your Home
- Save Money in Your Home Improve Your Health Easy Do ...
Do it yourself projects ,in your home, saves you money and stamps your personality into your finished masterpieces. These projects are affordable, easy and the end results will amaze your friends.