How to Make Decorative Push Pins
Rainy day activities for adults include sprucing up everyday ordinary items and turning them into items that will stand out and get noticed. On rainy days pull out the push pins that are kept in the drawer and make a collage that will brighten up any bulletin board. Decorative push pins add a personal touch to your bullentin board.
Gather Your Stuff
- Push pins (large and small)
- Collage paper
- Interesting letters
- Hole puncher
- Bounty paper towels
- White glue
- Cutout some colorful or interesting paper such as craft paper, old magazines or create and print out designs created from your favorite graphic software.
- Fold a paper towel in half and then in half again and set over the cork.
- Glue the collage paper on the sides of the push pins and then push the push pins in the paper towel and cork so they are standing upright. Let dry. The cork will hold the push pins upright and the paper towel will catch any glue that might drip down.
- Use a hole puncher and punch out some letters or images for the tops of the push pins. Look for letters and images that have meaning such as spelling out a name or images that have an interesting design.
- Glue the letters or images on top of the push pins. Let dry.
- Spray on a finisher to protect the paper. Let dry.
- Take some wire and wrap it around the center of the large push pins. The wire should be long enough to extend out about five inches. Wrap the top of the extended wire in a coil.
- Glue some cork to a bulletin board or an area, if needed. For example, you can add cork to a dry erase board, to a wall near your desk or to a wall near a door so you can remember all of your shopping lists and reminders as you exit the office or home. Other ideas include gluing cork around a potted plant or on a picture frame.
- Push the pins in the cork. Add photos or papers to the coil of the large pins.