How to Draw a Car, Tutorial by Fabio Ferrante
some time ago I asked a good friend of mine to prepare a nice drawing tutorial for my website and with surprise yesterday Fabio Ferrante (an Italian young designer) sent me an email with his tutorial made for me, today I am happy to publish it for you hoping that it can be of help.
This is a 9 steps tutorial on how to draw and render a car from 3/4 rear top perspective, I advise you to follow with attention this tutorial to try to replicate it and exercise at home (you could save the images or print them to work by free hand).
The milestones are:
- good perspective and wheels' ellipses
- linework quality
- good reflections lines that we will color later
- good quality in applying the blue color and mix it with the white for volume shaping
- good shadows and well-set background (give value to your illustrated car)
- good highlights for a shiny and focal point effect
So here we go with the final step 9 in which we can see the final illustration, Fabio at the end got a good rendering with a nice background and a punchy car shadow. The overall result is pretty good, I find some details really well done such as the wheels and rims or the side body sections.
I hope that you liked it and that it can put you in the mood to try your design in the same perspective.
© 2011 Luciano Bove