Easter Holidays Ideas
This year Easter falls on the 5th April, 2015. It is is a festival and holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
However, if you are not religious it doesn't mean you can't celebrate and have fun with your family. Many children forget the story behind why Easter is celebrated and are more interested in receiving chocolate eggs and making things.
If you are not one of the lucky families who are able to vacate in Easter you could be stuck with ideas to amuse the children. Why not check with your local council for event programmes? There may be country parks holding Easter Egg Hunts, churches could be holding themed activities, youth centres and leisure centres too! Many of these may have a small charge and have limitations to age etc
So what do you do if you can't get to any and you have children ranging in age and are so bored that they wish they are back at school??
Pinterest Have lots of Ideas
- Pinterest: Discover and save creative ideas
Pinterest is a visual discovery tool that you can use to find ideas for all your projects and interests.
Pinterest is one site I like to use for recipes and craft ideas because there are just so many sources, with pictures and videos!
Here is a list of things I like to make with the kids:-
- toilet roll bunnies
- themed painted boiled eggs
- bunny costumes
Easter Egg Hunt!
Doing your own can be very time consuming and pricey, however in recent years I have altered it in several ways and managed to keep the costs low.
- First of all do it at home and garden!
- Make clues, riddles, map; making it harder for the older children (inc adults lol)
- buy plastic eggs that you can fill with small toys or sweets
- buy multi packs of mini eggs; such as creme eggs
- keep the big egg as the finale prize
- remember not to hide the choc eggs near heaters or in reach of dogs!!
If there is nothing on at the cinema or you don't want to be surrounded by children of all ages making a lot of noise, or you simply can't afford to take the kids to go (because lets face it cinema tickets keep going up in price and it all adds up after the treats etc)
Why not turn your living room into a mini cinema?
- choose a movie suitable for all kids, these days it tends to be animated and there are plenty to choose from, last year we bought Hop on dvd which was full of laughs
- make some themed finger food like bunny eared sandwiches filled with egg mayo? salad dips (humus, carrot sticks, mixed pepper sticks, celery), chocolate cake, chicken, lamb etc
Why not gather friends, family and neighbours over for an Easter Themed party?
- Make themed decorations
- Themed food, there are millions of recipe ideas for healthy and sweetening foods
- Games- pass the parcel (egg shaped)
- dance competitions- who could resist doing the birdie song?
The possibilities are endless!!
Whatever you find yourself doing, remember:
- to keep chocolate away from dogs
- have fun
- be creative
- take lots of pictures
© 2015 MFPrincess