- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
This is a beautiful piñata that is stronger than typical cardboard store bought pinatas
Kids love getting their hands dirty and I am sure you have glue left over from all the slime craze!
Be sure to cover all parts of the piñata so there are no holes
Put the glue in a bowl paint brushes to paint the glue on
Sometimes I like to use a table cloth so I can throw the whole mess away when the fun is done
Children will be so proud of what they made. It keeps the interest of your young ones for extended amounts of time. Possibilities are endless such as minions, M
- Mix together flour, water and glue, until it is watery paste.
- Blow up balloon.
- Dip strips of cut up newspaper into the paste mixture. Rub the strips of newspaper on balloon until it is completely covered with wet newspaper. Leave the top by the tie open
- After the balloon hardens. ( The next day.) pop the balloon and take it out.
- Finally decorate the pinata. I like to fill up a bowl with glue, then dip square sheets of tissue paper into it and onto the balloon. You can also paint it of cover with cray paper.
Fill with Candy or small toys!!! Then close hole with tissue paper or cardboard and string pinata with a ribbon or string by using a scissor to make a small hole in a strong part of the pinata.
You will need
- 1 cup flour
- 1 bottle glue
- a stack of cut up newspaper
- 1 cup water, mix until pasty
- cut up squares tissue paper
- one or two balloons
Every occasion deserves a pinata! Next time you show up to a family event, be the hero and bring the most fun game!