- Arts and Design»
Easy Cricut Happy Birthday Card
I needed to create an easy to make Cricut card for a birthday quickly. For some reason the days fly by and suddenly it was time to send a card. Using my Cricut machine makes the process so easy and I am able to create a meaningful, special card.
One of my favorite cartridge, , was the perfect choice for this card project. I needed to create this special card easily and quickly and Simply Charmed has cutouts for every holiday and special occasion you can think of. Simply Charmed
Cartridge: Simply Charmed
Blade Depth: #2
My card base was a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cardstock. I used a medium weight cardstock as none of the cutouts were tiny or difficult to cut.
Step by Step
1. Choose a pretty piece of cardstock for the base background, cut the cardstock to a 4 x 5 1/4" size and adhere to the card.
2. Cut one <Cupcake1>, pg 77, size 4" using Shadow and Cupcake key. Cuts out the base shadow cupcake.
3. Adhere cutout to the cardstock background.
4. Cut one <Cupcake1>, pg 77, size 4" using Cupcake key. Cuts out the cupcake, the flame section will show at the end.
5. Adhere cutout to the shadow cutout.
6. Cut one <Cupcake1>, pg 77, size 4" using Layer 1 and Cupcake key. Cuts out the bottom of the cupcake and the cheeks for the face.
7. Adhere to card leaving the flame showing from layer underneath. Save cheeks.
8. Cut one <Cupcake1>, pg 77, size 4" using Layer 2 and Cupcake key. Cuts out the background for the cupcake face.
9. Adhere to the card.
10. Cut one <Cupcake1>, pg 77, size 4" using Layer 3 and Cupcake key. Cuts out the cupcake face.
11. Adhere to the white cupcake face, the eyes and mouth of the white layer will show through.
12. Add the cheeks to the pink cupcake face.
13. Cut one <Cupcake1>, pg 77, size 4" using Layer 4 and Cupcake key. Cuts out the cupcake "paper" layer and flame layer.
14. Adhere to the card as shown.
15. Cut one <BdyHat>, pg 74, using Word, Shift, and Birthday Hat key. Cuts out the intricate Happy Birthday sentiment. Cut one <BdayCake>, pg 74, using Word, Shadow key and Birthday Hat key. Cuts out the shadow version of Happy Birthday.
16. Adhere the shadow layer , then the intricate layer of Happy Birthday to the top of the card.
17. Inside the card: You can create a smaller version of the cupcake with less layers. Cutout just the shadow version too.
18. Finishing touch: Using a scrapbooking pen, draw tiny dots or dashes around the cupcake top.