- Arts and Design»
Easy to Make Cricut Card Idea- Welcome New Baby and Baby Shower
Using my Cricut Create personal cutting machine I have been creating cards and scrapbooking pages constantly. The cards are so much fun and the recipients have commented on how special they look, especially because they are homemade and from the heart.
Try it out for yourself, go and get a Cricut Machine and begin creating. It's a very satisfying crafting hobby for anyone to do.
This card is to Welcome a New Baby and it also could be used for a Baby Shower Card.
To get Started
A Cricut Create or one of the other amazing Cricut machines from Provo Craft.
Cartridge: Simply Charmed
Scrapbooking Paper in colors of your choice. One patterned and two coordinating solids works well for this card.
Adhesive: Choose a fine line dispensing liquid glue or Zots Clear Adhesive Dots.
Easy to Create Step by Step
- Choose a plain colored cardstock for the card body. There are pre-folded cards available in boxes or you can cut a piece of cardstock to size. Both are available at craft stores in the scrapbooking supplies section.
- Cut a square 3 3/4" x 5" of the printed cardstock and affix it to the card front. I use Zots Clear Adhesive Dots.
- Using the Heritage Cartridge, cut 1 Carriage (page 38) Shadow and 1 Carriage (page 38) Normal, Size: 3". I chose the carriage from this cartridge because it had the old fashioned look to it. Affix to card front.
- If you only have the Simply Charmed Cartridge, cut 1 Girl or Boy Baby Carriage (page 28), Size 3".
- Using the Simply Charmed Cartridge, cut the phrase, Welcome Little One (page 29), Size 1" with the Real Dial Size on.
- Using the Simply Charmed Cartridge, cut 1 Baby Bottle (page 29), Size: 1" and 1 Pacifier (page 29), Size 1". Cut more if you want more on the card or even inside for decoration.
- Using Glue or Zots, affix the Phrase, Bottle(s), and Pacifier(s) to the card front.
- Add a decorative bow which can be purchased from a craft store or sewing store.
What to Write in a New Baby Card
- Baby Shower Card Messages - - Examples of What To Write In A Baby Card
Wondering what to write in a baby card? Figuring out a special congratulatory message for your friend, relative, son, daughter, or other loved one can be a challenge. Use these baby card message ideas for...