Easy to Make Happy Halloween Card created with Stamps
Halloween cards are so much fun to make using all of the "scary" images such as ghosts, witches, black cats, spiders...and a host of others. Then there are the cute images like smiling pumpkins. Put them together and you can create a really cute card to give a special someone.
The colors of Halloween are more fun than in the past; you don't just use black and orange but purple is a very popular color for Halloween decorations.
Making this card I decided to use just the rubber stamps from Stampin'Up!, the Scaredy Cat collection. Included are phrases and images associated with Halloween. Together with some cardstock colors of orange, black patterned, and purple, these stamps create a great looking Halloween Card.
Stamps: Scaredy Cat collection from Stampin'Up!
Black Stamp Pad
Stamping Technique: As I mention below, when stamping place the stamp on the cardstock in a clean quick motion. Do not roll or move the stamp around or it will smudge.
Sponging Technique: My Stampin'Up! representative gave me this quick tip. You buy the sponges in a round wheel shape. For easier sponging cut a sponge in 4 pieces. At the point of the sponge piece staple a piece of cardstock on either side of the point. This provides a handy handle to hold the sponge with.
Step by Step
1. Cut out a black patterned piece of cardstock measuring 5 1/4" x 4" to lay on top of your card measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".
Adhere the cardstock to the base card.
2. On a piece of purple cardstock stamp a few of the small and big spiders.
3. Carefully cut around each spider. It doesn't have to be perfectly close, just around the image you stamped. Be careful not to smudge the spider image.
4. On an orange piece of cardstock carefully stamp the Scaredy Cat stamp. Best results happened if you don't roll the stamp, just place it cleanly on the paper and take it back off in a smooth motion.
5. Cut a square shape around the Scaredy Cat image.
6. Take your sponge, lightly dab it on the black stamp pad and stamp around the cat randomly.
7. Adhere the Scaredy Cat to the center of your card and adhere a few of the spiders overlapping onto the orange cardstock.
8. Cut a strip of purple measuring 5 1/4" x 3/4" and stamp a row of the bigger spiders along it.
9. Adhere the strip to the bottom of your black piece of cardstock.
10. Cut out a piece of orange cardstock measuring 3 1/4" x 3/4".
11. Cut out a piece of purple cardstock measuring 3 1/2" x 1 1/4".
12. Stamp the "Boooooo" sentiment on the orange piece of cardstock and dab your sponge with black ink around it.
13. Adhere the purple then the orange piece of cardstock near the top of the card.
14. Adhere a couple of spiders overlapping onto the orange.