Fall Jewelry Making Inspiration: Designs, Colors, and Other Ideas
Color Inspiration: Bluebird
Are you seeking out new sources of inspiration for your fall jewelry designs this year? Whether designing jewelry is a personal pursuit or a full-time job, it can be refreshing to mix up the routine with some new color palettes and design options. As inspiration can strike at any time and in any place, don't feel limited to looking for inspiration in pictures of jewelry and jewelry making supplies. This article will get you on your way to finding news sources for autumn jewelry making inspiration.
Leaves are an amazing source of inspiration for jewelry making. From the colors to the textures to the shapes, there are so many possibilities for different designs. Regardless of the type of jewelry that you make, you are sure to find some ideas that are fitting with your work. Leaves take on a whole new life during fall, changing into a wealth of different colors and scattering the ground in fascinating patterns. Once you start thinking about leaves, you'll notice them everywhere you go.
beading4perfectionists : Russian double leaf earrings beading tutorial (picture version)... Beginner video tutorial also available.
- Shimmering Beaded Leaf Earrings | JewelryLessons.com
This tutorial shows how to create these beaded leaves using small seed beads and the peyote stitch technique. Price: $7.00
- How to Make Russian Leaf Dangle Earrings with Beads and Wire - Pandahall.com
- How to Make Metallic Leaf Jewelry : DIY Polymer Clay Tutorial : WhatTheCraft.com
- Rustic Autumn Leaf Pendants (Tutorial) — Jewelry Making Journal
You can study branches for inspiration any time of the year, but fall is particularly neat as many trees lose their leaves, resulting in exposed bare branches. Study trees of varying types and sizes. Look at branches on the ground as well as reflections of trees in the water.
Beading Fringe Technique
Acorns / Squirrels
While you don't have to combine acorns and squirrels in your jewelry designs, they are a natural pairing. With that being said, an acorn pendant or squirrel charm can also look fabulous on its own. There are lots of handmade and manufactured glass and plastic acorn charms that make beautiful, simple necklaces and earrings. You can also fashion real acorns into charms to use for jewelry making.
- Acorn Earrings: 123BEAD - Beaded Jewelry Making Instructions, Tutorials, Projects & Kits
- NEW Sweet Little Acorn Charm Pendant Ceramic by FireandFibers
A sweet little acorn charm pendant, handmade by me. Colors: Choose from 12 different glaze colors.
- Autumn & Acorns — Jewelry Making Journal
- Pin by BouquetLondon on Polymer Clay - Tutorial - Animals | Pinterest
Tutorial:Squirrel (Polymer Clay - Fimo - Cernit)
Whether or not you use orange in your jewelry making and/or you make a lot of seasonal jewelry, there are lots of ways to find inspiration in pumpkins. Study pumpkin sizes, textures, and colors. If possible, visit a local pumpkin farm or farmers market or take a few minutes to study the pumpkins in the grocery store sometime this fall.
- How to Make Bearded Pumpkin Pendant - DIY Halloween Grandpa Pumpkin Décor - Pandahall.com
- How to Make Pumpkin Jewelry Tutorials - The Beading Gem's Journal
- Jewelry Tutorial: Pumpkin Earrings | Jewelry Ideas | Rings & Things
This vintage-inspired pumpkin earring project from Rings & Things features antiqued copper beads embellished with brass leaves and Swarovski crystals.
Do you use a lot of silver or gold in your jewelry making? Bronze is a great way to mix up the routine while keeping with a metallic or neutral palette to create new pieces that are perfect for fall. There are a wide variety of readily available, affordable bronze jewelry findings for all types of projects.
- September: sapphire
- October: opal
- November. topaz
There is always a steady market for birthstone jewelry, particularly rings. From wedding jewelry to birthday gifts to anniversary presents, birthstone jewelry is a classic gorgeous option that never goes out of style. Make sure to plan accordingly so that you have your new birthstone pieces ready to go a few months ahead of time.
Autumn Color Combinations
There are a virtually endless variety of fall color combinations that involve red, orange, yellow, and/or brown. With so many possibilities, you'll never tire of these options, but there's no reason to feel limited to them either.
- Neutrals / metallics. A neutral shade is a great way to mix up a classic fall palette and still keep a design versatile. Think about black, brown, navy, silver, gold, or the previously mentioned bronze.
- Jewel tones. There are lots of options for pairing dark green, royal blue, or deep purple with one or more fall tones. You can also create an autumn palette exclusively with jewel tones.
Are you looking for more ideas? Search Google or Pinterest for additional fall color combinations.
Fall Color Combinations
More jewelry making resources from the author.
- Summer Jewelry Making Inspiration: Designs, Colors, and Other Ideas
Are you looking for ideas for summer jewelry making this year? From the ocean to flowers to flip flops to the sun, there are numerous designs, colors, and tutorials to inspire you!
- Free Bead Weaving Pattern Instructions: Beaded Peyote Stitch Triangle (Flat, Open, and Tubular)
Beaded peyote triangles are a satisfying, versatile project for any beader. This article has free pattern instructions for flat, open, and tubular peyote stitch bead woven triangles.
- How to Design and Make Handmade Button Jewelry: Tips and Ideas
Are you interested in designing and making your own button jewelry? Get tips and ideas for creating bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and more.
© 2014 Rose Clearfield