- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
3 Amazing Glass Craft Ideas
Valentines Glass Block
Glass blocks are very useful when it comes to making something creative and are one of the easiest materials to use when starting off with glass craft.
In the picture above we used chrome paint and red fairy lights to create a romantic lighting fixture.
The possibilities are endless, you can combine different shapes with different color paints and even different light colors.
- Using a heart shaped stencil cut out shape on card
- Tape this to glass block
- Using Paint Brush, add chrome to glass block
- Allow to dry overnight
- Remove card and add embellishment inside heart such as swirls
- Once Dry place fairy lights inside and switch on.
- Glass Block
- Paint Brush
- Chrome paint
- Red Fairy Lights
- Heart shaped stencil
Mason Jar Pin Cushion
These cute pin cushion jars are a fantastic way to tidy up your sewing room with a minimum of expense.
Try making several of them to store different items for example you could have one for threads and one for things like thimbles and machine foots.
Make sure to save those fabric scraps from your sewing projects and you'll have a collection of sewing cushion jars in no time.
- Take lid of mason jar and cut a piece of cardboard in a circle to fit lid
- Get your scrap fabric and cut about an inch bigger than piece of cardboard
- Place batting on top of card (enough to stuff fabric)
- Use brush to apply adhesive to mason jar lid
- Fill mason jar with items like spools of thread
- Screw lid back on jar and pin pins to cushioned lid.
- Mason Jar
- Scrap Fabric
- Brush to apply adhesive
- Spools of thread
Wine Glass Vases
Wine bottle vases are the perfect way to create an artistic space in your house with the added bonus of up-cycling your empty wine bottles.
If you are feeling really creative you could try adding your own touches to the bottles with glass paint.
For minimal upkeep use dried flowers instead of real ones, that way you don't have to keep replacing the real ones.
- Take wine bottle and remove label
- Drill Two holes in wall to correspond with holes in ceiling flange and one for split ring hangar
- Screw ceiling flange into wall and attach neck of wine bottle to split ring hangar
- Place flowers in wine bottle and enjoy your new piece of art.
- Wine bottles
- Split ring hanger
- Ceiling flanges