Short Sayings for Cross Stitch Projects
Using Sayings in Cross Stitch Projects
I find there are times when a cute, sentimental, or funny saying is just what I need to add that extra touch to a cross stitch project that I am working on. It seems as though it would be easy to find that cute little saying. Well, I'm here to tell you it's not always as easy as it seems. First of all, you need a saying that does not go on and on. Something that comes to the point and doesn't ramble on. I searched the Internet and gathered up a collection of saying for all occasion, or at least it seems like they cover just about any occasion you might need them for. I hope you get as much use out of them as I have. There's nothing more personal than a cross stitch saying.
Sayings and Quotes
- I like work. It fascinates me. I sit back and look at it for hours.
- Good Friends. Good Food. Good Times.
- Snowman's prayer. Please freeze. Amen.
- Today's moments are tomorrows memories.
- I always take life with a grain of salt...plus a slice of lemon...and a shot of tequila.
- The kitchen is the heart of the home.
- Who Needs Santa? I've Got Grandma and Grandpa.
- If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?
- We do not remember days...we remember moments.
- "tiz better to be over the hill than under it.
- It's not the home I love but the life that is lived here.
- A cup of coffee spent with a friend is time well spent.
- Dear Santa Paws, I have been a very, very good dogg this year...please bring lots of chewies..
- Dear Santa Paws, I have been a very, very good katt this year...please bring lots of katnip.
- The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.
- I serve three meals a day...frozen, takeout and microwave.
- Family - where life begins and love never ends.
- The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.
- A happy home...is filled with Love and Laughter
- The best of times are always found when family and friends gather round.
- Snowflakes are Angel's kisses.
- A father carries pictures where his money used to be.
- Bless this house with love and laughter.
- Oh Sweet Retirement.
- Live well, Laugh often, Love much.
- Deck The Halls, Storm The Malls.
- This home is filled with dreams and love and blessings from above.
- Don't criticize the coffee...you may be old and weak someday yourself.
- Faith Family Friends
- This kitchen is seasoned with love.
- I started with nothing and i still have most of it left.
- Life is like a bottle of wine - you should savor it to the last drop
- Side by side, Hand in Hand, Heart to Heart.
- I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you.
- Never trust a skinny cook.
- Princess in Training.
- Doggy DIVA
- Conceive it...Believe it...Achieve it.
- I'm not a dirty old lady...I'm a sexy senior citizen.Proudly serving my credit masters.
- Just when I'm able to make ends meet...someone moves the ends.
- Work hard. Dream big.-Unknown
- Where thou art, that is home. - Emily Dickinson
- Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain
- Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Unknown
- Creativity is intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein
- I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde
- Creativity is a drug I cannot live without. - Cecil B. DeMille
- Love the life you live, and live the life you love. -Bob Marley
- I’m much more me when I’m with you. -Unknown
- Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.- William Wordsworth
- Love begins at home. - Mother Teresa
- Live each day as if it’s your last.-Unknown
- You can’t use up creativity, the more you use the more you have. - Maya Angelou
- Home isn't a place. it's a feeling.-Cecelia Ahern
It's Time To Get Yourself Started
Anyone who has ever done any type of craft knows that before you can start your project you have to get yourself ready. Even small projects have a few steps you need to follow before you can get started.
Here are the steps to get you started on your little saying project.
- The first thing you need to do is to decide what your project will be. Will you be making a small pillow hanging with your saying, a pot holder, a Christmas ornament, or do you have something else in mind.
- Next you need to obtain everything you need to complete the project. The thread, the needle, the fabric if you need it, the aida cloth and anything else you need to finish the project.
- Find the center of your aida cloth. To do so fold it in half and then in half again. Take your needle and put it through the middle point.
- Look at your pattern and find the center point. Look at pattern again and see what color is to be used and thread your needle.
- Take your first stitch. You are now on your way. Good luck.
For how to stitch watch the youtube I included for your learning pleasure.
Needlework is a way to capture Love, Beauty, Peace & Time...
- Gingham Valentine's Day Heart: Free Cross-Stitch Pat...
Use this free heart-cross stitch pattern to decorate for Valentine's Day! I've also included a brief description and history of the gingham pattern.
- Free Cross Stitch Patterns Perfect for Halloween
Here you will find a whole host of free Halloween patterns enough to suit your silly, scary, or excited mood. You will also find explicate
- Free Cross Stitch Patterns
Cross stitch can often be an expensive hobby, but it doesn't have to be! There are plenty of free cross stitch patterns on the internet and from a large variety of designers. These free cross stitch charts give you the opportunity to try a new design
- How To Convert Cross Stitch Patterns To Intarsia Cro...
A free tutorial for intarsia crochet by SheilaSchnauzies, an indie crochet designer.
- free large cross stitch pattern Mona Lisa
Large free cross stitch pattern of the painting, Mona Lisa.
- My Free Counted Cross Stitch Patterns
Links to dozens of free cross stitch patterns, many based on vintage advertising images, especially fruit crate label designs.
© 2010 Susan Hazelton