How Make Your Own Wine Glass Charm Rings and Markers
Make a Set Of Wine Glass Charm Rings for Under $1.00
Fancy wine glass charm rings and markers are available in retail stores for as much as $25 for a set of four. While these popular trinkets add flair to any table setting or provide a great way to distinguish one guest's glass from another, they are seriously overpriced. Making wine glass ring charms is simple, fun, and best of all- inexpensive. A set of four wine glass charm rings costs about a dollar to make for simple beaded styles as featured in retail stores. They are easily customized with charms for a unique set for your home or to give as a gift.
- Memory wire in your favorite color (if you prefer, many craft stores offer sets of pre-made wine glass ring circles that are self closing for a few more dollars).
- Lots of colorful beads (make sure the beads are sized to fit your chosen width of memory wire).
- Needle nose pliers
- Charms and add ons if desired
- Using the wire cutters, cut the memory wire into 1.5" pieces. Cut one piece for each ring you want to make.
- Place your beads and charms onto the wire in the design that you choose. Add as many beads as it takes to cover the base of a wine glass. If using charms or other add ons, place these in the middle of the charm.
- Using the needle nose pliers, make a loop in one end of the memory wire.
- Take the second side of the wire and with the pliers, bend it at a 45 degree angle.
- Slide the 45 degree angle side into the loop to close the wine glass ring charm. It is that simple!
You are now ready to enjoy your wine glass ring charms. Just remember to take them off of the wine glass before washing. They can be washed by hand but won't be dishwasher safe.
Wine Glass Charm Ring Ideas
Wine glass charm rings can be personalized for wedding shower and baby showers. Adorable charms such as baby bottles or rattles make adorable and memorable favors for a mother to be.
Personalized bottle caps with photos and messages make great conversation pieces and wine glass rings.
Charms from children's jewelry make cute wine glass rings.
Scrabble tiles that spell out messages for guests can be added to wine glass rings. You can spell out guest's names or other words for a great conversation starter.
Scrap charms from old or vintage jewelry can make elegant additions to wine glass charms.
Other Craft Ideas:
- Make a Rose Petal Tutu- Sewing and Non-Sewing Instructions
Directions on how to make a rose petal filled tutu. Design includes directions for sewing a tutu and also a non-sewing version.
- Make Ceramic Tile Coasters with Napkins or Photos
- How to Make Vintage Inspired Jewelry With Resin and Scrapbook Paper
A how to article on how to make vintage style jewelry by using scrapbook paper and resin. Includes a shopping guide for finding supplies.
- How To Make Beautiful Nail Polish Jewelry
- Make a Vintage Style Inspired Decoupage Wooden Tray
A guide on how to make a vintage wooden serving tray with decoupage scrapbook paper. Also includes guides on how to refinish wood and metal antiques for beginners.