How To Create A Batik Tee Shirt
Batik Printed Items Have A Unique Appeal
Batik Is Back
View Of Crackled Effect Afterwards
- Just a close photo of the finished fabric and the lovely effect you will get.
Powder Blue And White Tee Shirt With Batik Print
Close Up View Of Abstract Design
Important Pointers For Preparation Of Fabric And Safety Precautions.
- As you can see this blue tee shirt has unique print style on it.
- The finished result all depends on preparing your fabric before you start .
- If you are using a tee shirt remember to wash it beforehand to remove all the dressing in the material, that could interfere with the absorption of the dye.
- Safety also comes first .You will be heating up your wax on a stove, so make sure you have some large lid to put on top, in case it gets too hot and catches alight. This will smother the flames . Never put water on it. Will make it worse.
- Small children should not use this hot wax method for dying the fabric but other resist methods.
Silk And Cotton For Making Batik Scarves
List Of Things That You Will Need For Batik Making
- A plain 100% white cotton tee shirt.
- The cold water fabric dye must be enough for the weight of fabric. Check on the back of packet or bottle.
- Newsprint or brown paper sheets.
- Half inch paint brush cut to a sharp point. I use a thicker brush so that it can hold more hot wax.
- Paraffin for washing out the remaining wax from shirt.
- Large block of bees wax / use half candle and half bees wax.
- A pair of sturdy rubber gloves.
Batik Making Tools
Pot Of Hot Wax
Draw Your Design On Your Shirt With Pencil
- Create your design on a sketch pad and then draw the design with a soft pencil onto the tee shirt.
- Get your working space next to your stove prepared by placing layers of protective newsprint or brown paper to protect the surfaces of your cupboard or top.
Proceed To Wax Your Outlined Desgn
- Slip a thick wad of flat brown paper between your front and back of shirt to stop the hot wax seeping through to the back.
- Put your pot of wax on medium heat stove and wait until it is hot.
- Dip brush into hot wax and start filling in where you want the white to remain afterwards.
- If the wax begins to smoke it is getting to ignition point. Switch off the stove until it cools slightly. The hotter the wax, the quicker it spreads in the fabric.
- Hold a folded piece of paper under your brush with the other hand to stop dripping onto places that must not have the wax. Wherever the wax drips..there will be a white spot after the dye is in.
Waxed Tee Shirt Immersed In Cold Dye Bath
Prepare The Dye Bath With Cold With Cold WaterDye
- After the process of waxing the article get your dye out and follow the instructions on the packet.
- Make sure the tee shirt is totally submerged in the dye and moved around occasionally for the required amount of time.
- Rinse till the water runs clear
After Rinsing Hang Out To Dry
- After it is dry iron out the wax by placing some brown paper on top and middle of tee shirt.
- This will take out most of the wax.
- Wash the tee in paraffin and get the rest of the wax out. It will get soapy looking.
- Give it a final wash in a mild detergent washing powder and softener.
- Enjoy wearing your shirt!
Batik Method On You Tube
Free Batik Papers For Your Art Or Gift Giving / Creative greeting card making
Pink Batik Tee Shirt Of Mine
Below is another tee shirt that was done in the same way as shown above, but the only difference is that the design is different and pink dye was used instead of the powder blue.
Another Batik In Pink
Pink Batik Section / Close Up
Try This Method
Have You Done Batik?
Beautiful Pattern In Batik
Blue Batik Shirt For A Beach Vacation
BUY: Cool Blue Shirt
- Amazon.com: Artisan Outfitters Mens Serenity Batik Cotton Shirt 5XL Sky Blue A0214-12-5XL: Clothing
Amazon.com: Artisan Outfitters Mens Serenity Batik Cotton Shirt 5XL Sky Blue A0214-12-5XL: Clothing
Buy: Transfer Paper For Ink Jet Printers
- Amazon.com: 100PK.LIGHT FABRICS TRANSFER PAPER FOR INK JET PRINTING 8.5x11
Shop Red Grid at the Amazon Arts, Crafts & Sewing store. Free Shipping on eligible items. Save on everyday low prices.