How To Make A Discord T Shirt, From My Little Pony, Using A Stencil
What is a Brony?
It is a guy that knows that watching a girly TV show is uncool. Yet, geek out on My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic. Why be like everybody else?
For Bronies Who Are 20% cooler
I made this t shirt for my son who is a proud Brony. But If you have a My Little Pony fan in your family she would enjoy this too.
I used what I had on hand, acrylic paint, and a paper stencil. The Acrylic paint I think is just as good a fabric paint my son has been wearing his shirt and it is holding up well. The paper stencil did it's job, but the paint did bleed. To fix it, I used a black permanent marker. Regardless I think the tee shirt turned out great and my son loves it.
This is a large stencil, that is printed on two pieces of paper. The tee shirt is a man's small.
Perhaps we haven't met. I'm Discord, spirit of chaos and disharmony. Hello? ~ Discord
What You Will Need
What You Will Need
- Reference picture
- Glue stick
- X-acto knife
- Cutting Board
- Spray adhesive
- Black T-Shirt
- White Acrylic paint
- Paint brush / Foam brush
- Black permanent marker
Free Stencil From My Blog
- Ideas Cutting Againist the Grain: Discord T-Shirt Stencil
~Free Stencil from my Blog. Use regular paper size, and print in landscape mode
Making the Stencil
- Find picture of Discord in Google images
- Set printer to print image on 2 pieces of paper. Print
- The lower half of the print will have a line, cut along that line
- Using the Glue stick glue them together ( there will be an overlap)
- On a cutting board use your X-acto knife to cut along the black lines of the drawing use a dace line. If you cut the whole line you will be creating a big hole and details will be lost. For a free printable stencil refer to the link.
Use Chalk to Position The Stencil
Who is your Favorite My Little Pony character ?
Aline and Affix Stencil
- Center stencil
- Chalk the corners
- Lightly spray the the back of the stencil with spray adhesive
- Aline the top 2 corners and gently place the rest of the stencil down onto the t-shirt
Painted Stencil on T-shirtClick thumbnail to view full-size
- With a regular paint brush or foam paint the tee shirt
- Wait till it drys, apply another coat (Apply another coat if needed)
- Make sure paint is dry
- Remove stencil. This is a one time use stencil it will tear upon removal
Fill In The Lines And Touch Up
As you can see the paint bled, but it is easily fixed.
- Paint the lines in you will need your Reference picture as a guide
- Use your black permanent marker to colour the bleed paint
Setting And Washing
- Put t-shirt in dryer on high for 45 min to set the paint
- Wash inside out
view quiz statistics
© 2015 English-lion