- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
How To Make Paper Roses
Looking for any easy paper craft project that yields beautiful results? With just some scissors, paper and a glue gun you can make gorgeous roses made from paper! I've been thinking about ideas of what could be done with these and this is what I have come up with so far:
- I think they would look nice on a wreath maybe tie a ribbon around it and hang on the wall. A heart wreath maybe and how perfect for Valentine's Day!
- Maybe as plant picks..glue on the end of a wooden skewer and stick in your plant.
- Rose garland.. glued onto some ribbon or raffia.
- I think these would be beautiful in any color.. even black.. maybe use for Halloween décor.
- Put them in a nice bowl as a decoration.. or glue wooden skewers to them and put in a pretty vase.
- To make them more durable and add some shine you could spray them with a sort of sealer..
- What about sprinkling with glitter!!
- Do a smaller version of the rose and glue on wooden branches in a vase... how pretty would that be?
- Great craft project for kids.
Whatever you do, have fun with this. What would you do with them? I would really love to hear your ideas! Okay.. let's get started.
What You Will Need:
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Paint (optional)
Take your paper, trace a circle using a small plate or similar size and then cut the circle out.
You can use any kind of paper for this. You can cut out of magazines, use newspaper, scrapbook paper.. whatever you want. This is a great way to reuse or recycle paper. I used an old stack of dingy printer paper that had been sitting on a shelf.
If you choose not to paint your paper move to step 3.
If you are painting it now is the time to do it..... I used Folk Art Acrylic paint in different color pinks. I would have used spray paint but I don't have any in pink. Make sure to paint both front and back.
Now you have your circle cut out, painted and ready to go. What you do now is start from the edge of your circle and cut a spiral in your circle and when you get to the center cut the very end off making a sort of fat comma. Try to cut evenly but it doesn't have to be perfect. You may even want to draw the spiral in first and then cut it. Once you cut a few of these you'll get the hang of it.
Once you have your spiral cut its time to start rolling. Take the outside edge of the spiral and roll the paper inward to the center.. keeping it as tight as you possibly can. Once you have reached the end of the paper (which is the center of the spiral), let the paper uncurl just a bit to the size that you want it. Then tape the end of the spiral to the side of the rose and this will keep it in place until you can glue the bottom down.
Cut some smaller circles out about the size of a half dollar.. and put a big glob of hot glue on one of the circles and then take your flower and push it down onto the glob of glue-making sure to push the center down into the glue as well as the edges. This glob of glue will hold everything in place and keep your flower stable. Once finished trim excess paper from the circle on the bottom of the flower.
And that is it! Now you have some gorgeous paper roses to use however you like.