How To Make the Best Homemade Aluminum Free Deodorant-Antiperspirant: Easy Recipe!
Best Natural Deodorant
There are many deodorant brands that claim to be all natural deodorant or that they are made with natural deodorizers. Does it really matter if it is made with natural deodorizers but contains unnatural chemicals in it too? No! It's just a scam! One of the most recent deodorants I used was Arm & Hammer deodorant and it claimed to be made with natural deodorizers but it had triclosan in it, which studies have shown it can cause all sorts of problems & many claim it causes cancer! Triclosan is a chemical they put into your hand soap normally and some reports have shown that it doesn't even kill bacteria. So, why does Arm & Hammer put this into their deodorant? Anyway, their deodorant made my underarms burn too and didn't work well. Most deodorant brands that work contain aluminum as their active ingredient but it has been shown to cause problems like Alzheimer’s and other issues too. That's why I had to make my own natural deodorant without aluminum.
Homemade deodorant using coconut oil is the best way for me. I have tried other natural deodorants like Toms deodorant but it is too weak for me! Coconut oil deodorant is awesome & it's an aluminum free deodorant. There are many health benefits associated with coconut oil & this organic deodorant has worked better for me then all of the deodorants I have ever tried in my entire life. This DIY deodorant & antiperspirant works the best against odor and sweat!
Homemade Deodorant Photo
Things You'll Need for Your Homemade Deodorant Recipe
- Deodorant container
- Any mixing bowl
- Organic Coconut oil
- Baking Soda
- Arrowroot starch or organic corn starch
- 1oz Baking Soda, Kills odor causing bacteria
- 3/8 cup Arrowroot starch or organic corn starch, These starches are natural antiperspirants.
- 1/3 cup Organic Coconut oil, Coconut oil has all kinds of health benefits for you & is great for your skin!
- Depends on which oil Essential Oil, OPTIONAL for different scent
- Measure 1oz baking soda, 3/8 cup arrowroot starch or organic corn starch & 1/3 cup of organic coconut oil & mix them together very well. Make sure the coconut oil is completely liquid for this process. You can microwave the coconut oil just until it turns into a liquid. This will help the ingredients mix well.
- Empty out an old used deodorant container completely.
- Pour your mix into the deodorant container until full and make sure the part that is used to push up the deodorant is at the very bottom before you add your mix so that you can use it as normal when you are ready to use.
- Put the deodorant into the freezer immediately so that the ingredients don't start to separate in the deodorant. Freeze the deodorant for at least a few hours or until completely solid.
- Transfer the deodorant into the refrigerator and just only take it out when you are using it and keep it in the fridge so it will stay solid.
Cautions & Benefits of Deodorant Ingredients
Moisturizes & revitalizes skin for healthy & smooth skin, kills odor and other bacteria, helps reduce wrinkles, heals skin problems such as dry skin or eczema
Kills odor causing bacteria
Too much can cause a rash
Corn Starch/Arrowroot Starch
Most corn starch is GMO so use it's best to use organic corn starch or arrowroot starch
Coconut Oil Best Uses Poll
What is the best use for coconut oil?
Using Too Much Baking Soda Can Cause a Rash
When I first tried making my own deodorant it failed because I put too much baking soda which made my underarms really red. I had a rash and it hurt, so that is why I made this new recipe with less baking soda in it. For me, it is just the right amount; It helps with odor, doesn't hurt at all and my underarms are not red. This is the best deodorant I have ever used! If you try it and think you need more baking soda for yourself then add a little more into your mix until you find the right amount for you. Some people don't have such sensitive skin like me and baking soda doesn't bother their skin.
The Best 100% Natural Deodorant Recipe
This DIY deodorant & aluminum free antiperspirant is the greatest deodorant/antiperspirant I have ever used. It's a solid deodorant and it smells like coconut. There is no need for essential oils for scent and some essential oils can cause rashes on your skin too. I do not use any essential oils but might try one day just to experiment. I love making my own natural homemade recipes for many products around the home. I have a few other articles here on HubPages of other homemade natural and organic recipes like homemade body wash, shampoo, conditioner & face wash all-in-one, homemade toothpaste, homemade mouthwash & homemade natural laundry detergent.
Natural Deodorant Recipes or Feedback?
Have other natural deodorant recipes or feedback after using this one or anything else you want to share? Please leave your comments at the bottom.
- DIY How To Make The Best Homemade Mouthwash That is All Natural, Organic and is Fluoride-Free
What is the best mouthwash?Your own DIY homemade mouthwash is the best mouthwash. It's very quick and easy to make, and it will save you a lot of money! This recipe is natural & fluoride-free!
- DIY How To Make The Best Homemade Toothpaste That is All Natural, Organic and is Fluoride-Free
DIY Projects. Here you can see how to make the best fluoride-free all natural organic coconut oil toothpaste. This is the best whitening toothpaste and has all the benefits of coconut oil. DIY recipe
- How To Make The Best Homemade Laundry Detergent Easy & Without Toxic Chemicals
Here's how to make the best homemade laundry detergent easily without toxic chemicals and it can save you a lot of money on laundry detergent.This homemade laundry soap or detergent is quick & easy
- Nutiva Coconut Oil Review & List of Coconut Oil Uses
Here I have reviewed Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and have explained some of the many uses of this coconut oil & the benefits of coconut oil like coconut oil for hair & coconut oil for skin
- How To Make 100% Natural Homemade Body Wash, Shampoo,Conditioner & Face Wash All-In-One
Here is how you save money & make your own All-In-One 100% natural homemade body wash, face wash, sulfate free shampoo & conditioner.This is how to make soap that works for your body, face and hair!