How To Paint A Daisy
Painting daisies can be a fun experience. It is delightful to see this wonderful creation of nature. Painting a daisy is done with paint layering and blending techniques. There are many options available when painting. You can find a multitude of references and tutorials online on how to paint trees. You can find interactive tutorials on Youtube. Most of the tutorials follow similar instructions and techniques.
1) Start by coming up with ideas on how you want your daisy to appear. Use a reliable photo as a reference. You can also use real daisy.
2) Sketch an outline of your daisy. Use a pencil. Draw a simple circle. This will be the bud. Draw small marks on the circle at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock (make pretend the circle is a clock). Also, mark the middle point in the circle.
3) Draw and paint the four petals from these marks. Use a 2 badger filbert #6 paintbrush or any brush similar in size. Take your brush, load it with white or off white paint and begin with the petal at the outer edge of the circle. Pull it toward the center. You can add a slight curve or upward stroke to each petal. This will give the petal more depth.
4) You can allow the petals to overlap naturally. Add many layers of petals to give the daisy a realistic feel.
5) Paint the center with a yellowish paint. You can add some highlights to the bud with a pointed brush.
6) Repeat the same steps from the beginning, this time using an oval for the bud. Point the oval in the direction you want your daisy to face. Mark the center and your four points. You can move you center point around to change the view of the daisy. Paint the petals slightly longer on the side of the daisy that appears nearest to the viewer.
Basic Daisy Lessons
How To Paint A Daisy
- How to Paint Daisy Flowers | eHow.com
How to Paint Daisy Flowers. Beginning painters must learn to use basic shapes and strokes to create a variety of common objects, including flowers. To paint daisy flowers, you must first learn how to create a basic daisy....