- Arts and Design»
- Graphic Art & Design»
- Design Software
How to Change Color in Photoshop : A Step to Step Guide
Changing Color in Photoshop
Channi lives in a small town in the Himalayas. She wanted to look blonde on a photo. That means she had to change her hair color. How did she do it? How did he changed her pitch black color into bright golden on her photo?
She used Photoshop to do it. How to change color in Photoshop is a question asked by thousands of Channis daily.
Do you also want to change the color of an object in Photoshop?
Yes, you can do it. Just follow the steps.
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Requirement: Basic Knowledge in Photoshop
To do it let us select a photo. Hmmm… I have selected a Red Car to open in Photoshop CS3. ( To tell you the truth at this point I was little distracted by Facebook… Otherwise this article would be published much ago ). Now I am going to do color change in it and I’ll show you how. I shall replace color in Photoshop like a magician!
Table of Contents
♥ Changing Color in Photoshop Using Replace Color Tool
♥ Buy Adobe Photoshop
♥ How to Change Color in Photoshop Using Color Replacement Tool :
♥ Changing Color in Photoshop using Selective Color Tool.
♥ Now Which Tool to Choose ?
Changing Color in Photoshop Using Replace Color Tool :
In more than one ways you can change the color of an object in Photoshop. By following these easy steps you can easily replace color in Photoshop.
1) Select Image > Adjustment > Replace Color
2) A Replace color toolbox will be open. Select Add to Sample dropper tool. It is the dropper with a little + sign.
3) Now select the color you want to change. Look at the car. I want to change its red color. But there are sheds and variations at this color. That is why I have selected different shades of the color at different parts of the car. Thus the whole red area is selected inside the tool box.
4) Now click at the result color box to replace the color to your chosen color.
5) Look at the car. How its color have been changed to Green. Fantastic!
6) Adjust the fuzziness bar to blend the color with the background appropriately.
7) Adjust Hue, Saturation and Lightness to give the image more natural or your desired look.
8) That’s it. You have learned the trick !
How to Change Color in Photoshop Using Color Replacement Tool :
You can also use Color Replacement Tool to change the color in Photoshop of a part of an Image. Learn how to do it.
Let us take another photo. What about the image of this Praying Mentis. I have a fondness for these insects. They looked like intelligent aliens !
1) Open the image in Photoshop.
2) Now select Color Replacement Tool from your left side Photoshop toolbox. You can find it be long pressing the brush tool.
4) Now choose the area to change color.
5) Select the desired foreground color.
6) Draw at the area use this color replacement brush.
7) Set the tolerance of the brush to select appropriate color range to change. Increase tolerance to draw on a area with many color shades and textures. Look at my colorful mentis.
8) I hope you have learnt to use this tool to change color in Photoshop.
Changing Color in Photoshop using Selective Color Tool.
Another way of color change in Photoshop is using selective color tool. This is for quick editing. I have now selected this red flower below for this.
You shall just follow these steps:
1) Open your image in Photoshop.
2) Select Layer > New Adjacent Layer > Selective Color option.
3) A box will open from which select the color to change. I have selected Red.
4) Press OK and a new box will open.
5) Now drag the sliders of the colors : Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black to produce your intended color.
6) I have reduced the magenta and the result is like this.
In this way you can also change the color of your Photo
Plaease Vote !!
Which Among the Three Tools Which One You Like Most?
Now Which Tool to Choose ?
Among these three tools which one to choose?
You may be a bit confused.
It is easy. Every tool is great for specific tasks.
1) Use Replace Color tool when the color to be changed is not in multiple areas of the photo.
2) Use Color Replacement tool brush for detailed color changing work and for complex jobs.
3) Use Selective Color Tool for an image where color to be changed is in a large part of the photo and you need a quick fix.
What Does We Learn
I hope by now you have learned how to change color in photoshop. If you have not successful yet you shall read this guide again.