- Arts and Design»
- Street Art & Graffiti
How to Create 3 Simple Graffiti Tools | Shoe Polish Mop
Introduction to Graffiti Tools
Graffiti Tools are essential to any type of graffiti, urban, or street artist. It is these that further assist any one involved in the arts to fulfill there project. While many amateur taggers prefer to begin with expensive manufactured tools, more experienced writers prefer to opt-out of buying from stores and instead create their own graffiti tools.
Below I have listed three simple tagging tools. These can be made in a simple fashion and can save any committed tagger in to saving a lot of money in the long run.
The first item is a simple Bingo Dauber Mop. Known for its consisten paint flow, you can find one at your local dollar store or even Walmart.
The second item is a Kiwi Shoe Polish Mop. This is commonly used on concrete and can be found at just about any convenience store.
The last item is excellent for those who wish to create their own Ink. This can be used and stored for future use. In return, that means more savings for your wallet.
How to Make a Bingo Dauber Mop
- Buy a Bingo Dabber
- Take the cover off.
- Inside you will see a small nib that comes out.Pull that nib out.
- Next , remove the plastic item inside the nib piece. This plastic item determines how much ink flow is released so remove it.
- Fill the Bingo Dabber with any paint you wish and place the nib back on.
Bingo Dauber Markers
How to Make a NYC Mop
How to Fill a Kiwi Shoe Polish Bottle
Kiwi Shoe Shine Cheap and Convenient
- Open it
- Remove and pour out shoe dye (or use shoe dye)
- Replace it with own ink (¾ paint and ¼ paint thinner)
- Close and place piece of shirt over sponge and rubber band around it to prevent it from ripping and ready to go
Kiwi Shoe Shine
What is Your Graffiti Tool of Choice?
KRINK: The Best Drip Ink in Graffiti
How to Make a Pen Ink
Pen Ink (Makes about 1 ½ cups of Ink)
- 120 Pens (color of your choice black or blue)
- Rubbing Alcohol (Isopropyl Alcohol)
- Measuring CupJar with Lid
- Bottle to set finished ink
- Dot 3 (Brake Fluid)
- 2 way glue pen
- Wire cutters or scissors
Use wire cutters (or scissors) to cut the pens about an inch below the tip
Pull the white tube out
Cut the tube where the ink ends (about less than half is ink it)
Toss each tube into the jar until finished
Fill the jar with the 1 1/2 alcohol (It is okay if all pens are not completely covered by the alcohol)(1/2 cup of alcohol for every 40 pens-it does not have to be perfect)
Let it sit overnight
The Following Morning
Pour ink into bottle where you will store ink (Floor Cleaning bottle will work like Pinesol)
Add a cap of Dot 3 (Brake Fluid)
Grab your 2 way glue pen and fill with ink
Throw any nut(yes the ones you use for bolts) inside the ink to mix the paint when you shake it
Tape the 2 way glue pen all around to prevent spillage
Pen Ink Materials
2 Way Glue Pen
How to make Homemade Ink
Shop Graffiti Supplies
For the Largest Graffiti Online Store Shop Below
- Bombing Science: Graffiti Pictures & Graffiti Supplies
Daily Graffiti Pictures and News. Also offers a Graffiti Shop where you can buy graffiti supplies and an online graffiti forum.
We do not encourage anyone to participate in illegal activities. Please always use proper judgement and permission to create graffiti art.