How to Make Green Roses: A Simple Step by Step Guide
Natural green roses are very difficult to collect. There is one very rare species of rose named Rosa chinensis 'Viridiflora'.There are one or two more species of rose which sometimes can produce light green rose. It is a rare thing because flowers are never meant to be green. It should be of different colors to attract vectors to carry out the plant’s life cycle.
But if you still need some green roses for a special occasion then you can make some using this simple step by step process.
You need some white roses with 3 or 4 inches stem. You may cut it yourself from the garden or can buy it. You also need some green food coloring. A glass or cup is also necessary. Get a sharp knife for cutting the stem.
Just follow the instructions as given. There are also illustrations to help you in the process. I think that you can do it easily.
1) Fill the glass or the cup with fresh water.
2) Add some drops of food color into the water. Make it deep green but do not use extra color. Stir it well with a spoon or something like that. If you want very light shed of green then a few drops will be sufficient.
3) Cut an inch above the end part of the stems of the roses on a diagonal angle. Be careful to do it otherwise you may cut yourself.
You must not cut it too much. Otherwise, it may harm the rose and it will become dry very soon.
4) Place the stems into the glass or cup. The newly cut part will be submerged in green water. Keep the stems straight.
5) Now, you have to do nothing but waiting. You shall have to wait 24 to 48 hours to get desired result. Do not keep the stems on direct sunlight.
6) When you shall get the desired color cut the undesired part of the stems and you shall have your green roses
The Natural Green Rose
The natural Green Rose or Rosa Chinensis Viridiflora is a native rose of China. It was first notified on 1743. The western world known about this rose when a British farm “Bambridge and Harrison” introduced it. This plant grows up to 1 meter. The flower of this plant, the green rose actually has no petals. It was the sepals which acts as petals of this rose. That is why it is green. It also has leafy middle.
That "China Rose" does not look much like a traditional rose. It is not that beautiful too. Though some people like to collect this plant for novelty.
Green Ice Mini Rose is a type of greenish white rose. It has a tint of green. Sometimes a greener variant blooms from these plants. Green Ice Mini Roses plants grow up to 8 to 10 inches. This lime green rose blooms at summar.
Natural Green Rose Video
- How to make Rainbow Roses: a Step by Step Guide
Rainbow Roses are real. They are pricey to buy. But you can make your own Rainbow Roses easily. Just follow this step to step guide illustrated with diagrams.