- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
How to Make Keychain in Less Than 3 Minutes
Make your Own Keychain and Give it as A Gift
I know, key-chain can be easily found in any bookstores nearby. And yes you can definitely grab a key chain stuff since it doesn't cost that much to most of us. You can have a wide selection of key-chains with cute designs and variety of colors to choose from. And you can have it right away after paying without exerting any effort.
But for some people, they find pleasure in doing some crafty artworks. Plus, the fact that it is much, much more cheaper than buying a brand new or buying some branded products. In additional to this, it is more cheaper to create than to buy when you needed it in bulk as a giveaways on special occasions.Sometimes we prefer to give our special friends, colleagues, office-mates, grandma's, mom's and relatives something and anything out of our creativity because we want them to feel the sincerity within it. We can make a unique key chain design for our special someone. There are many uses of key-chain aside from being a KEY chain, of course. We can also hang it on our purses, on our bags, and cellphones pockets or maybe hang it on your laptop bags. In giving small gift to anyone, it is not the 'cost ' of the item but its always the thought that counts.
Key chains can also be used as souvenirs. Birthday souvenirs, baptismal souvenirs, wedding souvenirs, anniversaries, debuts, and many more. You only have to be very creative and come out with designs appropriate for the occasion. And, if you are capable enough to think of it as a small business idea, then you have to start searching for different kinds of beads. Beads that can provide your finished product a more unique, stylish and competitive design and come out with a better quality.
Imagine, you can have your own key chain that is unique in design and out of your creative ideas in just less than three minutes time. Working on your first project, bear in mind that it is not necessary to create an item that is very complicated in design. Try to make a free-form design first. Mixing and matching your own choice of beads and by simply choosing the good color combination will give you an excellent art work.
TOOLSClick thumbnail to view full-size
Tools in Working with Wires
- Flat Nosed Pliers, it is very ideal for holding and bending wire.
- Wire Cutter, side cutter are the most useful and commonly available. It is also known as 'flush' cutters or 'side-flush' cutters.
- Hammer, this one is very optional. If you want to add some texture to your wire-work you need to get hammering.
These are the perfect tools in crafting beadwires
MATERIALSClick thumbnail to view full-size
List of Materials Needed
- Used 6mm silver wire gauge
- Beads ( you can choose your own beads design for more crafting ideas)
- Key chain handler
- Basic tools like flat long nose and side wire cutters
Before you start to work, it is important to think of all the things you will need for the project you are working on. It will not only save you time but also make your work better.
Demo on Making A Beaded KeychainClick thumbnail to view full-size
How to make Keychain
- Bend the 6 inches wire in a halfway.
- Place the biggest bead on the bended portion of the wire and leave at least 3 cm to insert the chain of the key holder.
- Use the pliers or flat long nose to close the gap between the chain.
- Create an artwork, your imagination is the limit.
- You can use glass beads, natural beads, the semi-precious beads, seed ( micro-beads such as glass or crystal micro-beads) beads or some vintage beads if you want
- To close the bottom of the wire with beads, you need to use the flat long nose or the pliers necessary in making jeweleries.
- If there's still an excess wire on the bottom, you can cut it through wire cutter or the 'side wire cutter'. Jewelry silver wire are bendable but does not easily cut without the use of cutters.
Gold plated wire is another good idea
The Finished ProductClick thumbnail to view full-size
It Is A Wonderful Craft.
It is better to expand your own definition of beads. In that sense we can encourage the youngsters to create wonderful ideas and form creative artworks. Anything that has a hole that you can string thread or wire through it, let us use it as a bead. And be surprise by the the brilliant gift ideas you can create. For the teachers, you can encourage the kids to experiment on the design while they enjoy doing the project. They can make their own paper beads. Or just simply try to use cheaper 'beads' such as sequins, buttons, washers or the seed beads. And Instead of buying some cheaper brands in the market why don't you just create one and give it to your friends. How about giving it to Mom this upcoming Mothers Day?
COPYRIGHT ©April2013 by agapsikap
A personalized Bookmark with A Beaded Heart Ornament
- Make A Personalized Bookmark
Bookmark your page and leave a trace. A do-it-yourself project. So easy and unique.
Another Special Mothers Day Card
- A Special Card for Your MOM on Mothers Day
Why buy a card when you can make one very special card for your Mom on this coming Mother's Day. Its cute and simple..
JOIN HUBPAGES TODAY!
Hubpages is an open community. Just create articles and you'll earn all sorts of rewards. Hubpages are open to those interested in writing quality material articles, and also for those who are willing to share ideas and insights. Write and Learn at the same time and earn on ad revenue online.
Sign up here and join us in hubpages today!