- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
How to Make a Choker ~ Collar Necklace: Great Gift Idea!
Choker Necklaces Are Back
Do you ever find yourself wandering through the stores being entranced by the shiny stones, colorful beads, and hanging tassels, which encompass the mass assortments of beautiful choker necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and more? Then you look at the price tag and think ~ eekkkkk!
Well, you don’t have to worry about the price tag anymore. Follow these few easy steps and you can be on your way to owning a choker necklace that can be changed to accommodate any of your outfits and/or moods. The wonderful thing about this versatile necklace is that it will always have the expensive appeal at the dime store cost.
- Sterling Silver Plate Choker (you can find these at any store that carries craft supplies - the chokers used here were $4 for 2, which makes them $2 each)
- Drop of your choice (the turquoise drop was $2.49)
Additional Materials if Desired:
- Assorted Beads (make sure holes are large enough to accommodate wire)
- Assorted Drops
Watch the Video to see step by step instructions. It is quick and easy.
- Gather supplies
- Unscrew ball from choker
- Slide drop or beads on choker
- Screw ball back on
- Hook ball under clasp of choker
How To Video
Congratulations! You have just made your first Choker/Collar Necklace. Now let your imagination run wild by interchanging drops or experimenting with beads to fit your style, mood or any occasion for that matter.
A Few IdeasClick thumbnail to view full-size
© 2011 bellartdesigns