How to Make a Ghetto White Board for Cheap! (Less than $15!)
WhiteBaord for Less than $15 (or More if You Wanna go All Fancy)
DIY Ghetto WhiteBoard
So I wanted a white board, went to look online and BOOM I was smacked with prices from $200 to $300 (I think a small whiteboard was like $100 and HELL NO I wasn't going to pay that much)
So I jumped on Google again I found a couple articles saying that this You can make a Whiteboard for $30 with this thing called "Tile Board" that can be used as a whiteboard & that it can be found at Lowes or Home Depot!
So Off to Lowes I went & I did not find the sheet by the name of "Tile Board" but I guess it has different names...The sheet I found & bought is called "White PanelBoard" & it works Freaking Awesomely as a Whiteboard!
So if You go looking for Tile Board, Get White PanelBoard, it's the Same Thing & That is what you Want!
OK so Now Let me Give you More details on my Whiteboard Adventure!
The White PanelBoard Sheet Costs $11.87 & You Must Buy the Full 4x8 Piece that it Comes in (& Yes They Can Cut it)
**WARNING!!!** DON'T GET THE ONE THAT SAYS "White Pebbled FRP"
So Make Sure You Get White PanelBoard"
On a Side Note, This LOWES had Horrible Customer Service & Took Forever to Get Customer Service!
So To Recap:
- I Found This White PanelBoard on the Middle of Aisle 50
- It Costs $11.87 (plus tax) & you Must Buy the Whole 4x8 Sheet (It's big)
- White PanelBoard is Soft & Smooth Like a Whiteboard (don't get the Bumpy & more expensive one)
- The Lowes I was at had Horrible Customer Service so bring a Friend to Help You
You Will need a Dolly to Put Your Big Sheet of White PanelBoard on it so Let's Proceed onto That!
Go Cut Your Big Sheet!
Cut it, Pay It & Load it On Yo Car!
- So Grab a Dolly where they are all at
- Go to The "Wood Cutting Section" & ask for somebody to Cut it For you (this is optional but I assume this Sheet won't fit on your car so Cut it!)
- I Cut Mine in 4, so I ended with four 4x2 whiteboards
- Lowes Charges .25 Cents for every Cut (But First 2 are Free)
- So Once they Cut it, go Pay For it!
My Total Was $14 and some cents (so not Even $15!)
This is How my Awesome New Whiteboard Looks Like! :D
**Optional Stuff To Consider & Add**
OK so my Sexy Ghetto Whiteboard was just this Panel board cut into 4 pieces
I like it like that, but here are something you can do to make it not look so ghetto:
- Glue a Piece of Plywood to your Whiteboard so it's hard & sturdy & also so it doesn't bend like mine
- Don't want plywood, then Put some Velcro on it, you will need some glue & Velcro to attach to both your wall & the back of the whiteboard
- You can Drill your Whiteboard on your wall so it doesn't fall off (great for offices)
- Get Some Damn Strong Tape & stick that onto the wall!
- Go Get it framed so you can make it look pretty & hang it
Lastly: My Ghetto Version:
Put your Big WhiteBoard Sheet on top of a Table & Stick a Dumbbell on the bottom so it Doesn't Slide off!