- Arts and Design
How to Make a Simple Loom Band Bracelet Without a Loom
A Loom Band Bracelet Made Without a Loom
You Only Need Two Items to Make a Simple Bracelet
Loom Bands in your chosen colours
An 'S' Clip to attach the two ends.
How to Make a Loom Band Wristlet with 'S' Clips
Pick the Band Colours
Making Your Loom Band Bracelet Without a Loom
- First select the two colours you want to use for your bracelet and place them in two piles.
Start Your Bracelet
- Take one of the 'S' shaped clips and pull a Loom Band through it so it looks like a number '8'.
Adding Your Second Colour
Add Your Second Colour to the Bracelet
- Thread your second colour through the two loops made by the first band.
- Your second band should now look a number '8'.
Repeat the Pattern with the Two Colours
Repeat the Pattern
- Keep threading through alternative colours until the bracelet reaches the size you need.
The Finished Loom Band Bracelet Made by Hand
Finishing Your Bracelet
- To finish your bracelet all you need to do is put figure '8' loops over the 'S' clip.
- Now it is ready to wear!
Using Only Bands to Make Your Jewellery
The bands are basically coloured rubber bands, which the current generation of creative children are fashioning into jewellery. You don't need to buy any other equipment to make a bracelet, you can do it all by hand.
The age range is wide from younger children with their adult helpers right through to teenagers all sporting their homemade masterpieces.
A special loom can be bought for ease of use, but fear not you can still fashion a bracelet without the expense of buying one.
After spending the last hour as an assistant designer I now feel I have the know how, to help my fellow parents out there; so this was my easy guide on how to help your children design and make their own bracelet in around ten minutes, without any other equipment except the bands.
These Tiny Bands are a Global Phenomenon
Making a Loom Band Bracelet in Ten Minutes
Remember to keep your Loom Bands away from pets and small children to avoid a choking hazard.
Have fun working together to make your own bespoke Loom Band bracelet. Happy Crafting!
Your Loom Band Bracelet
Have You Ever Made Anything With Loom Bands?
Have you ever used Loom Bands to make something?
© 2014 Anna Haven